User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I cannot speak for Canada, but in the US the portion of excess mortality that cannot be attributed directly to COVID is 1/3.
    At least influenza deaths have almost been eradicated

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Ha, everything has a silver lining of some kind, I guess.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Canada the restrictions and lockdowns have caused more death than Covid. It actually isn’t even close
    I am sure the USA is similar

Suicides and elective surgeries being canceled as well as cancer screening halted is accounting for many deaths

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I would like to see where that information is coming from that shows this. It seems the lockdowns are doing what they are supposed to do with COVID cases and deaths. If there were no lockdowns with higher COVID case loads and the health care system was even more overloaded then the elective surgeries, cancer screening and other things would be cancelled for a lot longer than they have been as the system would be overloaded for much longer. Just look at Brazil's disaster. I sure am glad I don't live there and live here instead.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think lockdowns are a red herring, anyway. A popular political football, for those so inclined. But the evidence suggests that people mostly act how they want, regardless of what the government tells them they need to do. Places that had no mandated lockdowns largely saw a similar response (people staying home, shopping less, etc) as places that made it official. A lethal virus circulating in the population causes a large portion of people to voluntarily restrict their activities. It causes depression, etc. All of this 100% independent of anything the government tries to do.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I would like to see where that information is coming from that shows this. It seems the lockdowns are doing what they are supposed to do with COVID cases and deaths. If there were no lockdowns with higher COVID case loads and the health care system was even more overloaded then the elective surgeries, cancer screening and other things would be cancelled for a lot longer than they have been as the system would be overloaded for much longer. Just look at Brazil's disaster. I sure am glad I don't live there and live here instead.

Rob
    The info is out there just have to go look. Don’t go to Ford to try and find it and definitely not msm
    That theory that healthcare would be overloaded just doesn’t hold water for me
    Even if it did do the people that need surgery not matter
    We know the people that are dying. They are not healthy people. Especially in Canada. They did a terrible job of protecting seniors. Worse than anywhere
    Teen suicide is exponentially increased because of lockdowns and restrictions This is the real heartache

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    go figure.

I read deaths from all other causes dropped dramatically as well.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdjaguar View Post
    go figure.

I read deaths from all other causes dropped dramatically as well.
    I don't know about that. Here is what the CDC said towards the end of 2020:

"So far this year, the CDC reports that 2,877,601 people have died. At the same point in 2018, the number was 2,606,928, and in 2019, it was 2,614,950. The number of deaths to this point in 2020 is at least 260,000 greater than either of the past two years. But that number is an underestimate because the CDC publishes data based on the number of death certificates it has received. Since it can take a couple of weeks for all death certificates to be recorded, the numbers for the last two weeks, at least, will increase as time goes by. If the last two weeks produce a similar number of deaths as the weeks before, the margin to this point will actually be close to 310,000."

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    per the CDC, 500,000 who died tested positive FOR Covid. (whatever that means)

6% of those died FROM Covid. Big difference.

ie a normal flu year.

Science, facts.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdjaguar View Post
    per the CDC, 500,000 who died tested positive FOR Covid. (whatever that means)

6% of those died FROM Covid. Big difference.

ie a normal flu year.

Science, facts.
    In a normal year, ~1000 people die FROM the flu, vs WITH the flu. So if you want to compare apples to apples...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I would like to see the metrics for this “fake news” assertion. Can you report on your source and share with us.

The dictionary defines eradicate as . “ formal : to remove (something) completely : to eliminate or destroy (something harmful) See the full definition for eradicate in the English Language Learners Dictionary. eradicate. verb.

I don’t see how influenza will ever be eradicated because of its very nature worldwide and its mutations. Canada where you are from and the US are in temperate climate zones. Tropical zones have it much more difficult. The most we can hope to do is control its spread and its effects through innoculations. Hopefully we keep developing drugs to prevent the symptoms and body reactions from causing further pressure on the human body including death
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast