Some of you may recall a few months ago, I was fretting over purchasing a new trailer because of all the comments on all issues with buying new. Well, I am 7 months in and only found 1 issue with our trailer. The stove would not stay lit. Bad thermocouple!

I contacted Grand Design telling them I did not want to take it to my local dealer, because I did not buy there, because they lied to me several times and did not have a single good experience through several years of going in there and trying to buy several different Trailers! I did not want to take it to my purchasing dealer for such a small, single issue because they were over 2 hours away! Grand Design said, no problem, take it to whoever I would like to fix it and they would take care of it!

I took it to a local independent shop that runs a mobile tech to some of the local campgrounds. I told them they could deal with the Manufacturer or I could pay for it and get reimbursed. They ask what I had and I told them a Grand Design Reflection. They said, no problem just bring it in and they would fix it and deal with Grand Design because they were "Great to deal with"! They said they had no worries with working with Grand Design, but not so much with most other Brands, especially Keystone! Picked it up today and they changed out the entire stove. This one works properly!

I was pleased to hear that the people that deal with fixing problems on these trailers has such a high regard for Grand Design! Also pleased that 7 months in I have only found 1 issue! Hope the next few months and years goes as well!