User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design took care of another customer!

Some of you may recall a few months ago, I was fretting over purchasing a new trailer because of all the comments on all issues with buying new. Well, I am 7 months in and only found 1 issue with our trailer. The stove would not stay lit. Bad thermocouple!

I contacted Grand Design telling them I did not want to take it to my local dealer, because I did not buy there, because they lied to me several times and did not have a single good experience through several years of going in there and trying to buy several different Trailers! I did not want to take it to my purchasing dealer for such a small, single issue because they were over 2 hours away! Grand Design said, no problem, take it to whoever I would like to fix it and they would take care of it!

I took it to a local independent shop that runs a mobile tech to some of the local campgrounds. I told them they could deal with the Manufacturer or I could pay for it and get reimbursed. They ask what I had and I told them a Grand Design Reflection. They said, no problem just bring it in and they would fix it and deal with Grand Design because they were "Great to deal with"! They said they had no worries with working with Grand Design, but not so much with most other Brands, especially Keystone! Picked it up today and they changed out the entire stove. This one works properly!

I was pleased to hear that the people that deal with fixing problems on these trailers has such a high regard for Grand Design! Also pleased that 7 months in I have only found 1 issue! Hope the next few months and years goes as well!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to hear positive things. Thanks for sharing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear! Thanks for posting!
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Some of you may recall a few months ago, I was fretting over purchasing a new trailer because of all the comments on all issues with buying new. Well, I am 7 months in and only found 1 issue with our trailer. The stove would not stay lit. Bad thermocouple!

I contacted Grand Design telling them I did not want to take it to my local dealer, because I did not buy there, because they lied to me several times and did not have a single good experience through several years of going in there and trying to buy several different Trailers! I did not want to take it to my purchasing dealer for such a small, single issue because they were over 2 hours away! Grand Design said, no problem, take it to whoever I would like to fix it and they would take care of it!

I took it to a local independent shop that runs a mobile tech to some of the local campgrounds. I told them they could deal with the Manufacturer or I could pay for it and get reimbursed. They ask what I had and I told them a Grand Design Reflection. They said, no problem just bring it in and they would fix it and deal with Grand Design because they were "Great to deal with"! They said they had no worries with working with Grand Design, but not so much with most other Brands, especially Keystone! Picked it up today and they changed out the entire stove. This one works properly!

I was pleased to hear that the people that deal with fixing problems on these trailers has such a high regard for Grand Design! Also pleased that 7 months in I have only found 1 issue! Hope the next few months and years goes as well!
    I've had one warranty issue so far and they dealt with it quickly, even sent the tech to the camp ground.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall your posts. Good to hear GDRV took care of you and the feedback about how good it is for independent techs to share good things about GDRV. Many of us have been aware of these types of comments for years........great to hear still the case.

In fact, GDRV worked with me to use an independent tech in our area in the summer of 2014. Since this program to work with independent techs was just getting off the ground there was no established relationshi between the tech I used and GDRV. GDRV said no problem that they would go ahead and set that up but would take longer than if I just paid the bill and was reimbursed by GDRV. Work was done in a few days and GDRV sent a check to me in 3 days.

Thanks, again, for the post !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @PTParker I had a similar experience with GD. I had some spider stress cracks in the cap of my 297RSTS. GD said I could either go through the dealer or a local body shop. I went with the body shop and about 2 weeks after I sent GD the paid invoice I had a cheque in my hands to pay me back. I was very pleased with GD service. Dealer still has not called back on fixing this and its been 4 months.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada