User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No power when plugged in, Genarator on all power

I have 2021 Momentum. I went out to my trailer today and wanted to run the generator to give it some exercise. I let it run for about 15 minutes and after I turned it off I have no AC power. I have good power to the plug and both blue lights on the power cord are on. I have checked all the breakers and they all seem to be fine. However, I did turn them all off and back on. It seems whatever clicks over the power from the generator to shore power isn't making the switch. If I turn the generator back on I have full power.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like an issue with the automatic transfer switch. Perhaps there's a manual or some information for it in the packet that came with your RV.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a manual for it, but I can't find the switch. It must be deep in the bowels of hell. They are sending someone out tomorrow.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectphoto View Post
    There is a manual for it, but I can't find the switch. It must be deep in the bowels of hell. They are sending someone out tomorrow.
    People might agree with your description of the utility area of the basement as "the bowels of hell". It's often a disorganized mess in there.

However the transfer switch is a large and very visible black box in there, probably on the floor near the divider wall between basement storage and basement utility. That divider wall is made to be opened easily, six screws out of one of the panels (usually the angled panel) and that section of the wall can be removed. Your transfer switch is probably easily accessible from there.

Its lid pops off easily using a small screwdriver to push the locking tabs. The switch is magneto-mechanical and (after all sources of power are removed) could be forced back with the same small screwdriver.

All information for the NEXT time it happens... having someone else fix it is the #1 recommended strategy.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took it in today and we also found a water leak from the hot hose under the bathroom sink. It had dripped down and got the transfer switch and the charger wet. They are replacing both of them. Those factory hose clamps can be problematic. I think I better get a box old fashion hose clamps for the future.