Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F350 6.7

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350 6.7

I've heard that the 6.7 is a very good engine. I've also heard that this engine first appeared in pickups in 2012. And that there were some issues with that engine up until 2016. And since then, all the major problems have been solved. 1. Is all that true? 2. What is the first year pickup with the 6.7 would you buy, that you believe would be problem-free? Any other related comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of good info on the powerstroke.org forums. I'd stick with 15+ , that was the year they upgraded the turbos and had the issues resolved. I'm super happy with my 6.7L.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 6.7 PowerStroke has been around since 2011. They had the early issues ironed out by the 2012 model year. Our 2012 has been a pulling beast and we've had zero issues with the engine, transmission, or powertrain. I've faithfully change the oil, oil filter and fuel filters and had an AC refrigerant line replaced - oh, and a new set of tires as the OEMs aged out.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d look at 2017 and up. That’s when Ford changed body style on the SuperDuty.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as my 15 goes the motor has been rock solid. I have however had the upper oil pan leak. It would appear that lots of trucks had this problem. i had mine fixed under warranty. So before you buy this truck make sure you check for any oil leaks.
    I also had another oil leak. It was more serious than the oil pan. It was between the transmission and block. There was no apparent reason for it to leak there. There is a plate bolted to the block and the transmission bolts to that. The leak was around the bolts. It was also fixed under warranty. Other than that the truck has been a beast. I tow a lot so the truck works during the summer on our cross country trips. Despite the oil leaks I love my truck and would buy another one.
    As mentioned above the changed the body style on the 17's plus they upped the H/P and torque in that M/Y

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford made some nice changes to their backup cameras in 2017 and I believe started including the lane change warning for the trailer in 2017. They also added support for Android Auto and Apple Car Play in Sync. If you can get one with Sync 3 it had worked out some of the bugs in early versions.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely 15 or after (Enhanced engine brake came in 2015) 6.7 is a beast!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2017 F250, the 6.7 is amazing.

Only problem I have (along with a lot of others) is that the radio at start up often goes to AM 550 or 1710 rather than satellite where I left it, so on start up I get a lot of static. Ford have instructed their dealers not to attempt a repair!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    We have a 2017 F250, the 6.7 is amazing.

Only problem I have (along with a lot of others) is that the radio at start up often goes to AM 550 or 1710 rather than satellite where I left it, so on start up I get a lot of static. Ford have instructed their dealers not to attempt a repair!!!
    That happened to mine when I started it under cover and it couldn't see the satellite. I got it to at least not have static by programming in some AM/FM channels as favorites. Then it usually defaulted to those if there was no satellite. Otherwise turn off the radio when you park and wait to turn it on when you start until you have a clear view of the sky.

Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    That happened to mine when I started it under cover and it couldn't see the satellite. I got it to at least not have static by programming in some AM/FM channels as favorites. Then it usually defaulted to those if there was no satellite. Otherwise turn off the radio when you park and wait to turn it on when you start until you have a clear view of the sky.

Never have that issue....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast