User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Water pressure issues 31RLK

We recently had a week of below freezing temps, during which the park turned off the water.
    I was completely disconnected. When it was turned back on, hooked up and everything was good at first. Pressure was fine and all seemed normal

They bled the pipes a couple times, after some repairs so that created a lot of air going through the lines.

Now my taps are behaving strangely. Note: I took all components apart to look for blockages or dirty filters. They all seem clear.
    My regulator is set at 50 and water flows fine. With filter on, it still runs fine. Added hose and good to go.
    When it is all hooked up, I get an initial burst that slowly decreases to maybe 10 lbs... there also seems to be a lot of air coming through too. In the bathroom, when I turn the sink off, I can hear bubbles from the underbelly. It sounds like the Culligan water bottles burping air.
    If I turn the water pump on, water flows normally.
    This has been going on for 2 days.
    Is it possible my valve got damaged during the freeze and water is seeping into my fresh tank?

Has anyone experienced this?
    If you have any ideas on how I can fix this, I would really appreciate some input.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If water flows normally with water pump on, then I would focus on the city water/fresh tank valve at the water station. It sounds to me like that valve is partially open or obstructed at that point, that would let water equalize pressure while the faucets are off, and explain your initial burst of normal pressure. It would also explain why the pressure then immediately drops. Try moving that valve back and forth to see if you can free it. Move it to fresh water fill and see if it is adding water to your fresh tank. If you remove the cap on your gravity fill inlet and listen, you may be able to hear the water going into your fresh tank more easily.

If you can't resolve it, for now you can fill your fresh tank with the hose at the gravity fill inlet and use your water pump, but you probably already thought of that.
    Best of Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I did end up removing the check valve , messed with it and put it back together. It cured the leakage into my fresh tank. The only problem now is trapped air spitting from the bathroom faucet. I'm not sure why it doesn't happen in the kitchen, but I did order another check valve. So I'll see if that does anything... unless you know what that may be from. I was wondering it it was pressure in my hot water heater, as hot is worse than cold.