I'm planning on using the TV in my garage quite a bit this coming year and I wanted to upgrade a little. (One use will be Zwift, if anyone is familiar)

Anyway, my 349M came with a 32" TV mounted in the garage and no TV in the bedroom. My first mod was to move the garage TV to the bedroom. That was pretty simple - just find the backer area (which is just some extra plywood) and put a pretty inexpensive mount there with the TV, which weighs almost nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210208_152816.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	32279

This leaves the mount in the garage open. Since I wanted to go big, but still fit in the stock spot, I measured out for a 40" TCL TV.

What I really didn't like was the stupid nylon strap used to hold the TV in place while in transit.

Name:	GarageTV.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	32280

First, I think it looks crappy. Second, I'm probably going to use the TV in that position most of the time, so I'd have to undo the strap just to watch it. Third, I'm quite sure I'd forget to click the strap at some point before hitting the road so who knows what would happen - especially with a bigger TV.

So, I decided to get rid of the strap and use a push pin to lock the TV in the up position. All it took was a piece of angle aluminum, a couple of screws and a push pin. I drilled into the existing mount to anchor the angle aluminum, then align drilled into the fold up bracket for the pin.

Once in the up position, the pin is in and all is secure. I attached the pin with a chain so I didn't lose it and having it dangle in front of my face will remind me that it's not in.

Now I can watch the TV in the up position without having to unclip / reclip the strap and worrying about forgetting it. It still will fold down if I want.

Name:	20210206_153641.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	32283

Anyway, I thought I'd post this in case anyone else wants to get a bigger TV and/or doesn't want to use the strap.