User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sailuns or Goodyear endurance

I知 new to the forum, so first I want to say hi. Second, I have a 2019 reflection 311BHS with Westlake tires. I知 looking at upgrading the tires to either the Goodyear endurance or the Sailuns. I have read multiple threads, but I知 looking for opinions from people who have each tire and/or experiences with both tires. Which ever tire I choose, I will be installing Fords TPMS in the tire.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    I’m new to the forum, so first I want to say hi. Second, I have a 2019 reflection 311BHS with Westlake tires. I’m looking at upgrading the tires to either the Goodyear endurance or the Sailuns. I have read multiple threads, but I’m looking for opinions from people who have each tire and/or experiences with both tires. Which ever tire I choose, I will be installing Fords TPMS in the tire.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I think the debate over tire choice is a close second to the forum's favorite--tow vehicle GVWR.

There are days and days worth of reading in the archives on this topic. Enter "Goodyear" or "Sailun" in the white rectangular box near the top right of this page and click the small magnifying glass icon. Then brew a large pot of coffee and settle in--your eyes will get tired before you run out of threads to read!

FYI, I replaced my 315's Westlakes with Goodyear Endurances and also have Ford's TPMS installed. Setup works flawlessly.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the Goodyear Endurance.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the Goodyear and there is a difference compared to the west lakes. If you are going with a TPMS setup the tires need to be balanced with weights not dynabeads. I got mine on sale at camping world and they used the beads to balance and now I am ready to look at TPMS sets and the beads are a no no when reading online

Tony P
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I don稚 think you can go wrong with either. My neighbor has used Saliuns for a long time and is happy. We switched from the Westlakes to the Goodyear last year and have been very happy. They are heavier and run cooler than the Westlakes.

Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fwiw.... I threw out my Westlake in favor of Sailuns.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I am a Sailun guy. I have 20K miles on mine. They have worn well, and will be going with the trailer on trade. We'll run the Westlakes since they are guaranteed for a year. Then we'll switch them out for Sailuns again. Great tires and a great price!
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched out my Westlakes for Bridgestone Duravis R250 LT/E 16" tires as soon as I took delivery. After selling the Westlakes online, the difference was $150 per tire. The R250's are a ribbed industrial tire--like those used on 1 ton trucks with utility beds, cherry pickers or other heavy duty applications. The Costco manager said they usually go to governments or power companies, and they might get 150K miles usage on a truck if well maintained. Michelin also has a comparable ribbed tire for just a little more $.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Les Schwab and another local tire shop vehemently recommended against GY Endurance. I explained they're different than GY Marathons but they were adamant. Told me to get them online if I insisted and they'd mount them.
    Can't remember off the top of my head the brand (Chinese) one shop recommended but they were steel casing (unlike Endurance they said) and 12 ply/F-rated. I'll get the brand a do some research or look for the Sailuns for comparison.

Sheesh.. I was set on Endurance with the reports here..
    Gary & Erin + Kitty the '85# Border Collie/Lab
    2015 303RLS
    2018 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PSD (1st Ford coming from '05 Duramax)
    http://www.kleenoilusa.com

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post
    Les Schwab and another local tire shop vehemently recommended against GY Endurance. I explained they're different than GY Marathons but they were adamant. Told me to get them online if I insisted and they'd mount them.
    Can't remember off the top of my head the brand (Chinese) one shop recommended but they were steel casing (unlike Endurance they said) and 12 ply/F-rated. I'll get the brand a do some research or look for the Sailuns for comparison.

Sheesh.. I was set on Endurance with the reports here..
    That's interesting. Because when I was shopping and researching new tires, the consensus was overwhelmingly Goodyear endurance. I went with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast