Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude 375RES-R Owners from Colorado

Hello, My wife and I just recently purchased a new 2020 F350 DRW 6.7L Diesel in January and a 2019 Solitude 375RES-R last month. Our first trip isn't until May, but we are looking forward to warmer weather and a 2-month trip across country. We are not new to RVing but this is our first 5th wheel and quite a bit bigger than what we had previously. We are looking forward to a LOT more room and comfort. We are both still working and plan to retire in a couple of years. For now, we plan to travel and work virtually as much as possible.

Thanks for accepting us to this group.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 375RES. Just be careful not to over load it. It has a lot of storage room. We had disk breaks installed and highly recommend them. Keep an eye on your springs. Your F350 should already have a setting for disk breaks. Do you have the back-up assist?
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    We love our 375RES. Just be careful not to over load it. It has a lot of storage room. We had disk breaks installed and highly recommend them. Keep an eye on your springs. Your F350 should already have a setting for disk breaks. Do you have the back-up assist?
    Hi Dick, thank you for the advice. I definitely understand how it could be easy to overload. We already have an appointment scheduled this summer at Morryde for the 8K axels and disk brake upgrades. We do have the backup assist but haven’t tried it yet. Have watched a lot of videos on the subject though and will try it out in May.

Larry

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One would think that at this advanced stage in life I'd be able to spell out the difference between break and brake. Sorry. Please let us know how the back-up assist works.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Air Bags on your F350

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    One would think that at this advanced stage in life I'd be able to spell out the difference between break and brake. Sorry. Please let us know how the back-up assist works.
    Hi Dick, I forgot to ask if you have had air bags installed in your F350? If so, do you like them and do you think it was worth the cost?

Thanks,

Larry
    2019 Solitude 375RES-R
    2020 F350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke 6.7L Reese 27K

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No air bags. When 5er is mounted truck is not on the overload springs.