Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong. Aren’t all Grand Design model floor constructed out of plywood? Irrespective of bumper or 5th wheel type.
    I know all GD roof sheathing is OSB.

Thanks
    No. All the travel trailers and 150 series 5th wheels use the laminated foam and lauan floors. They are about 3 inches thick.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What models have OSB floor sheathing

Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    No. All the travel trailers and 150 series 5th wheels use the laminated foam and lauan floors. They are about 3 inches thick.
    THANKS

Good to know....do you know if the other GD models have OSB floor sheathing? If not do you know where I can find out?

Thanks again

Mulligan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AWA315RLTS View Post
    We have a 2020 reflection 315 rlts. Just recently i have noticed a noise from underneath the floor when walking on it. It kind of sounds like a kettle drum or metallic echo. I am concerned about my floor or frame. We've had no leaks or any damage to the trailer. Suggestions?
    We had a noisy floor just above the steps in our 295rl. I pulled back the vinyl and added a few screws and then removed one from underneath in the storage area. That one went thru the frame to exterior wall just above the storage door. Had wife walk around above while I looked underneath and you could see the screw pulling from the wall. Noise is gone for now.

Hopefully this helps.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AWA315RLTS View Post
    We have a 2020 reflection 315 rlts. Just recently i have noticed a noise from underneath the floor when walking on it. It kind of sounds like a kettle drum or metallic echo. I am concerned about my floor or frame. We've had no leaks or any damage to the trailer. Suggestions?
    Looks like you already determined it was the stabilizers. Our 312 made a similar noise with stabilizers correctly deployed. Ended up replacing one of the stabilizer motors and added additional bolts to reinforce connection to frame - all covered under warranty. That fixed it.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, i'm responding to an old thread.... but I noticed you said you have the 295RL... so do I . Mine is a 2019 model, and it too has squeek right above the steps in front of the bathroom when walking on the floor. Tends to squeek more at night due to lower temps.

Will try your advice on fixing it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    I know, i'm responding to an old thread.... but I noticed you said you have the 295RL... so do I . Mine is a 2019 model, and it too has squeek right above the steps in front of the bathroom when walking on the floor. Tends to squeek more at night due to lower temps.

Will try your advice on fixing it.
    I’ll share my experience in case it might help you. On our 21 Solitude 345GK, I had a squeaky floor about 2 feet into the bedroom as you walk through the door. That area is right above the front compartment. I had my wife walk on the floor & I observed from underneath that the floor was moving. I purchased some wood shims & pushed them between the frame & floor & problem is gone. I hope this helps.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12