User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek Slide Problem on brand new Reflection

The slide in our brand new Reflection 260RD has had this problem since day one and the dealer doesn't seem to have an interest in doing warranty work on slides. As we're left with dealing with it ourselves I thought I'd post the problem here in case anyone has faced this issue in the past. The problem is one side simply will not extend all the way out, stopping 1 1/2 to 2 inches of fully extended. Steps I've taken so far:
    -I've checked for physical obstructions underneath the slide (on top of the floor) using a mirror and flashlight
    -I've reset the motors many times using the full out/full in 6 times as per the manual.
    -I've re-synched the motors at the controller, punching the button 6 times and holding on the 7th time until lights quit flashing as per Lippert.
    -I've switched the motor leads as per Lippert which didn't make any difference, (still stops short on the same side).
    -I've checked the voltage at the controller while slide is being run out as per Lippert.
    The dang thing just won't extend fully and is extremely frustrating. I feel certain this will turn into a bigger problem once I'm out of the warranty period, not that it matters considering my experience with my dealer. We bought the unit in October of 2020 and have some other issues which our dealer to their credit did take of.
    If anyone else has worked out a solution for this problem I'd appreciate some help.
    Thanks.
    2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
    Reflection 260 RD

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD has been known to authorize mobile techs for warranty work, just wont cover their service fee. Might try going that route if you cant figure it out on your own.

Have you tried disconnecting the motor, so you can push the slide by hand and see of it extends all the way, then reconnect and see what happens?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    GD has been known to authorize mobile techs for warranty work, just wont cover their service fee. Might try going that route if you cant figure it out on your own.

Have you tried disconnecting the motor, so you can push the slide by hand and see of it extends all the way, then reconnect and see what happens?

I haven't, but that's a great idea. I'll give it a try tomorrow, thanks.
    Reflection 260 RD

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TsnTexas View Post
    I haven't, but that's a great idea. I'll give it a try tomorrow, thanks.
    Just to clear up my post, I dont mean the wires, I mean the linkage from the motor to the gears. There are numerous videos on YouTube how to do the disconnect. Hope it works!

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep us posted. Are the rails parallel? They might have been accidentally installed a little off.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Keep us posted. Are the rails parallel? They might have been accidentally installed a little off.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Another good point, I believe they are as the gear markings seem to run down the length without any variation, but I'll check the measurement to the lower edge just to be sure.
    Reflection 260 RD

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TsnTexas View Post
    Another good point, I believe they are as the gear markings seem to run down the length without any variation, but I'll check the measurement to the lower edge just to be sure.
    While you are at it, check to be sure your "gear" rails go all the way to the inside edge of the slide. For example: if the "gear" rails are short and do not extend to the front (inside of coach) edge of the slide, the motor may be running out of gears to extend the slide and simply stop prematurely because they can't move the slide any further.

PS: find a new Dealer.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run the slide out as far as it will go.

Then just run it back in enough to hear the motors. Then run it back out. Keep trying to get them equal.

I do this on the lot all the time.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    While you are at it, check to be sure your "gear" rails go all the way to the inside edge of the slide. For example: if the "gear" rails are short and do not extend to the front (inside of coach) edge of the slide, the motor may be running out of gears to extend the slide and simply stop prematurely because they can't move the slide any further.

PS: find a new Dealer.
    Yes, when I look into the gap there's a full view of the last 1 1/2" - 2" of rail which has never been extended.
    Reflection 260 RD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Run the slide out as far as it will go.

Then just run it back in enough to hear the motors. Then run it back out. Keep trying to get them equal.

I do this on the lot all the time.
    Will give it a try, I'll update when I get back to the computer again. Thanks all.
    Reflection 260 RD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast