User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Left The Driveway Texas Telephone_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Highland Village, TX
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rough ride with new Imagine 2670MK

    Iím looking for some help. I took delivery today on a 2021 Imagine 2670MK and the ride home was atrocious. Much rougher than I expected. Bouncing to the point of having to slow down to 55-60. I thought the wife was going to jump out the window. A contributing factor may have been the wind. This is Texas, so it was blowing 15-20 out of the south. The tow vehicle is 2019 Ford F-150 King Ranch Supercrew EcoBoost. The WDH is a Fastway e2. Do I need sumo springs, or air bags? Or can the tow vehicle not handle that trailer? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Site Team Second Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wherever...
    Posts
    4,451
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would need the numbers off the door sticker on your truck (GVWR, RAWR, payload, etc.) to tell you much. Unloaded, the Imagine 2670MK will put almost 700 lbs. on the hitch. Loaded, that will be closer to 1,000 lbs. For an F150 Super Crew, you may be over your truck's payload capacity. Also, does your truck have P (passenger) or LT (light truck) tires. If P, that will make towing really squirrelly. The icing on the cake would be if you could take the truck and trailer to the nearest CAT scale and weigh twice - one with the truck and trailer and once with the truck only. Come back here with those numbers and we can tell you what your actual tongue weight is. In the meantime, you can get the numbers for your truck and trailer and plug them in here:

    http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-tt.shtml

    Side winds won't make you bounce up and down - just push you around on the road and cause sway.

    Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Widowed and very happily remarried
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

  3. #3
    Site Sponsor RV Sailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s us know the info Rob asked for.
    What type of wd hitch do you have
    What were you TV tires inflated to, .....the trailer?
    Did you know the payload capacity of your 150 before you bought the trailer?
    Towing capacity or ability is only one part of the equation.
    I’ll reserve comment till we find if you are overloading the 150 payload.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rough ride with new Imagine 2670MK

    Sounds to me like a poorly set up weight distribution and also a little bit of customer expectation

    The hitch you have is a bottom line hitch but unlikely it is doing its job

    Your truck is capable, you will be told it is not

    The thing I found interesting is you said you had to slow down to 55-60. How fast were you going?
    I drive 100kph or 63 mph with zero bounce and zero sway You shouldnít be driving faster than that

    One last thing. The trailer you bought is rear heavy. Which is likely causing bounce. Rear kitchen units can be troublesome. You will struggle to get enough weight on the hitch


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 02-24-2021 at 03:22 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  5. #5
    Left The Driveway Texas Telephone_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Highland Village, TX
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the sticker off of the door. You said the hitch is bottom line and probably not doing it’s job, correct? If so, which hitch would you recommend? And, if it’s poor weight distribution, how do you solve that? Also, I was driving 60-65. I don’t think I ever exceeded 65.

    Also, if it is rear heavy and that is causing the bounce, would air bags or summo springs help that?

    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Sounds to me like a poorly set up weight distribution and also a little bit of customer expectation

    The hitch you have is a bottom line hitch but unlikely it is doing its job

    Your truck is capable, you will be told it is not

    The thing I found interesting is you said you had to slow down to 55-60. How fast were you going?
    I drive 100kph or 63 mph with zero bounce and zero sway You shouldn’t be driving faster than that

    One last thing. The trailer you bought is rear heavy. Which is likely causing bounce. Rear kitchen units can be troublesome. You will struggle to get enough weight on the hitch


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E1D549E5-51EA-4B10-88C1-A770E9A6F697.jpeg  
    Last edited by Texas Telephone_Man; 02-24-2021 at 04:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rough ride with new Imagine 2670MK

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Telephone_Man View Post
    Here is the sticker off of the door. You said the hitch is bottom line and probably not doing itís job, correct? If so, which hitch would you recommend? And, if itís poor weight distribution, how do you solve that? Also, I was driving 60-65. I donít think I ever exceeded 65.

    Also, if it is rear heavy and that is causing the bounce, would air bags or summo springs help that?
    I use a Husky centreline TS with 800-1200 lb bars

    There are many brands that are better
    The Equalizer e4 is the big brother to your hitch

    Who installed it?
    Is it returning the truck to its original rake?
    Are the bars not heavy enough?

    Is the trailer empty of cargo?
    Is this your first experience?

    The biggest issue I believe you are having is just the floor plan of the trailer
    The bulk of the weight is behind the axles which is going to influence the truck more imo
    This could get worse as you load the kitchen with gear and food
    You will want to load up the front pass through to compensate and get weight on the tongue

    With heavy enough bars return the truck to its original height and you should be good to go

    Will you need rear truck suspension mods? Perhaps
    Will a 3/4 ton be better. Likely

    Also was it the road?
    Coming off of bridge expansions will cause bounce

    Also as has been mentioned LT tires should help but I picked mine up in November and drove home 1300km with no severe bounce and my LTs are in the shed because my p rated snow tire are on

    I would load it up if you havenít yet. Get the hitch to return the truck to its original rake and give it another go


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 02-24-2021 at 05:03 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  7. #7
    Commercial Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,181
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would load it up like you are going to really haul it, then figure it out from there.

    Unloaded is a whole heap of difference than loaded.
    Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

  8. #8
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    On the road, retired
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I use a Husky centreline TS with 800-1200 lb bars

    There are many brands that are better
    The Equalizer e4 is the big brother to your hitch

    Who installed it?
    Is it returning the truck to its original rake?
    Are the bars not heavy enough?

    Is the trailer empty of cargo?
    Is this your first experience?

    The biggest issue I believe you are having is just the floor plan of the trailer
    The bulk of the weight is behind the axles which is going to influence the truck more imo
    This could get worse as you load the kitchen with gear and food
    You will want to load up the front pass through to compensate and get weight on the tongue

    With heavy enough bars return the truck to its original height and you should be good to go

    Will you need rear truck suspension mods? Perhaps
    Will a 3/4 ton be better. Likely

    Also was it the road?
    Coming off of bridge expansions will cause bounce

    Also as has been mentioned LT tires should help but I picked mine up in November and drove home 1300km with no severe bounce and my LTs are in the shed because my p rated snow tire are on

    I would load it up if you havenít yet. Get the hitch to return the truck to its original rake and give it another go


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I believe you mean heigth, not rake. It would be hard to extend the axle forward of backwards on a truck. Even if it is only a 150.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I believe you mean heigth, not rake. It would be hard to extend the axle forward of backwards on a truck. Even if it is only a 150.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I use rake because it is impossible to get a truck back to its original height because it has additional weight on it with a trailer
    The rake is the angle of how a truck sits and you should try to maintain that


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I use a Husky centreline TS with 800-1200 lb bars

    There are many brands that are better
    The Equalizer e4 is the big brother to your hitch

    Who installed it?
    Is it returning the truck to its original rake?
    Are the bars not heavy enough?

    Is the trailer empty of cargo?
    Is this your first experience?

    The biggest issue I believe you are having is just the floor plan of the trailer
    The bulk of the weight is behind the axles which is going to influence the truck more imo
    This could get worse as you load the kitchen with gear and food
    You will want to load up the front pass through to compensate and get weight on the tongue

    With heavy enough bars return the truck to its original height and you should be good to go

    Will you need rear truck suspension mods? Perhaps
    Will a 3/4 ton be better. Likely

    Also was it the road?
    Coming off of bridge expansions will cause bounce

    Also as has been mentioned LT tires should help but I picked mine up in November and drove home 1300km with no severe bounce and my LTs are in the shed because my p rated snow tire are on

    I would load it up if you haven’t yet. Get the hitch to return the truck to its original rake and give it another go


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Not positive but Ford tells you with the 2020-2021 F150's to only return the front back 25%. Not 100%. In the past it's always been 50% with F150's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.