Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youtube propaganda

Youtube propaganda

I’m so glad that I did not take all of the information on youtube as fact.
    Myth number one. You will need to pay MSRP for a rig and maybe more. This is true for both on lot units, or ordered. We ordered a 2021 Momentum 381M and received about 30% off.

Myth number two. There are no longer campsites available and this fact will only get worse as time goes by. Just to check this information, we looked at various states at various dates to see if anything was available. I would guess that we could have booked about 80% of the campgrounds we looked at. I think that if you wanted to book Disney at their Ft. Wilderness campground on Christmas day that would not happen.
    We ordered a new unit last month. We actually booked times at Ft. Wilderness for both May and June.

Myth number three. According to some dealers you are no longer allowed to have more than one air conditioner on an ordered unit.

Myth number four. It will be rare to have full hookups at most campgrounds.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myth number one I have also found to be false. We got 27% off our new 311BHS last Spring when C19 was first rearing it's ugly head. I do think that at some dealers their sales are so good that they don't have to take much off MSRP because the demand is more now but that too will change going forward.

Myth number two.....We can't find available spots at State Campgrounds near us (Western, NY) but we get emails almost daily from private parks we've stayed at in the past offering up to 50% off to book a stay with them. So I guess Myth number two can be true or untrue depending on where you are and the type of place you want to stay at.

Myth number three...This is the first time I've heard this and makes no sense. I bet dealers change their minds if you say NO DEAL, get up and start to walk out.

Myth number four seems like it might pertain to State or Federal campgrounds where full hookups aren't the norm.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myth #3 depends on what make and model. Is/was a true story.

Grand Design was limiting a/c units on units. No 2nd a/c on any Imagines from factory. Retail orders only for Reflection. No 3rd a/c on Solitude and Momentum. This was a fact for a few months.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one View Post
    Youtube propaganda

Myth number one. You will need to pay MSRP for a rig and maybe more. This is true for both on lot units, or ordered. We ordered a 2021 Momentum 381M and received about 30% off.

Myth number two. There are no longer campsites available and this fact will only get worse as time goes by. Just to check this information, we looked at various states at various dates to see if anything was available. I would guess that we could have booked about 80% of the campgrounds we looked at. I think that if you wanted to book Disney at their Ft. Wilderness campground on Christmas day that would not happen.
    We ordered a new unit last month. We actually booked times at Ft. Wilderness for both May and June.

Myth number three. According to some dealers you are no longer allowed to have more than one air conditioner on an ordered unit.

Number One - Not true. We got about 28% off.
    Number Two - Depends. Depends on what state you are in. In Florida right now it is tough because of the seasonal residents. However, I can find a spot during the week. I believe the weekenders are adding more pressure to availability.
    Number Three - I believe this was related more to the manufacturers and not dealers. There is a supply shortage of all things refrigerated. If a manufacturer wants to push a unit out they are going to do it with one A/C if they are experiencing a shortage. It makes no sense to put a unit in the back 40 waiting for a second A/C to become available.
    Number Four - Depends. Depends on what state you are in. And what you include in the 'campground' category. State of Michigan - full hookups in state parks are rare. State of Georgia - Full Hookup sin sate parks are available most everywhere to some degree. Some GA parks have a mix.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Public media, youtube, facebook, twitter, and RV forums; all are made by average people. Some are more knowledgeable than others, so the information presented should always be double checked for validity.

In my experience; 25-30% off MSRP is normal.

Campsite booking is more difficult than it used to be, we found campsites for our summer travels, but not always our first choices as they were booked Fri/Sat/Sun.

Number of A/C units, that is always a moving target depending on the manufacturer and the model.

Hookups available; More often than not we have full hookups, but sometimes not sewer, and sometimes not sewer nor water, and sometimes not electric nor sewer, and sometimes no hookups at all. There is no absolute answer on this one.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youtube propaganda

1 - We got about 25% off ours.
    2 - I've been making campground reservations for the past month for every month in a different place (we're planning a trip to Michigan/Wisconson). Private campground, state campgrounds, county campgrounds. Absolutely no problems, didn't have to call alternate possible campgrounds.
    3 - Don't know about this. Ours came with one, but we installed the second one ourselves.
    4 - Absolutely NOT rare. Unless we're dry camping, we always get full hookups. Well, one campground we visited recently didn't have sewer, had to use their dump.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fact 2: Our local COE campgrounds fill up about 6 months in advance, at least for the weekends
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youtube propaganda

Fact 1: We got about 24% discount on MSRP

Fact 2: We just got a new 2600RB and I have been making reservations at New York State and County campgrounds. Reserving beach camping (no hookups) is much tougher, almost impossible really, than it has been in the past and you have to be online as soon as the sites become available and you may still not get one.

Fact 3: My 2600RB has a Coleman A/C unit but I know that some GD units have a Furion A/C unit because GD was not able to get Coleman units for a while so the limit on A/C units last year was a real thing.

Fact 4: There are few full hookup sites at desirable locations near the water at state and county campgrounds here but if you are inland it is not much of a problem getting at least water and electric (dump sites on premises). I checked some desirable private campgrounds in northern NY and in the Berkshire Mountains in Massachusetts at the beginning of last month to book for July and/or August and there were limited options with full hookup.
    Long Island, New York

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Campgrounds fill up fast, the cheaper state parks are booked 9 months out or whatever the maximum in desirable spots.

If you don't mind paying $100 and more a night then yeah, there are usually spaces in most areas. No denying that availability has fallen off a cliff though. Especially in desirable areas.

Much like anything else, the information you get needs to be filtered and verified before believing anything. Accepting stuff entirely on faith from any provider of information or services is for people that can't process and think for themselves
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YouTube, social media..... so good.... so bad.....

Sometimes I think YouTube should be called MeTube because so many videos seem to be about the person making them rather than the information they want to convey. I suppose it has to do with people trying to make a buck off of "views" while thinking they are conveying something of importance. And so many time one has to endure so much wasted time while sorting through videos to get to the 'meat of the matter'. Yet there is so much good info.

I could go on forever on this rant about folks taking everything the see & hear on social media as fact rather than researching and forming their own opinion.

rant over... going for a run to clear my head..... or just go stick my head back in the sand.... lol....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast