User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awning warranty

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a small hole in the awning of my 2800bh when I bought it in 2019. At the end of the season I took it in for warranty repairs and asked them to patch the awning. When I go it back I found that their "patch" was essentially a piece of clear scotch tape. I had it back for a warranty issue the next year, still within warranty, and raised he*l about their patch. Somehow, in the second round, GD did approve the replacement and they replaced the awning. I would have been fine with a black vinyl patch if they weren't so sloppy on the first attempt.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    I have a 2020 22MLE that was under warranty and had a few things gone over. The problem came when my dealer told me that they were told from GD that you have 10 days from purchase to submit warranty issues with the awning? I bought the trailer in Jan. in Colorado and had no idea for months this was an issue. Did I miss something or is is this odd? Thanks for any info.
    I say all is not lost, as I had a similar issue on my 2800bh. I bought my 2019 2800bh in October 2018. I used my awning for the first time 06/2019 and I saw that it has 4 slits in it. It almost looks like it was stapled in the rolled up position as the holes were about a foot apart. I emailed Grand Design Customer Service in 06/2019 and told them my issue and explained the timeline. They did ask for pictures. Once they reviewed the pics, they got back to me saying that they would replace my awning under warranty.

It's worth asking Grand Design directly, to me they always seem sympathetic to owners. At least more so than dealers... I actually am in another go around with a dealer about warranty work they wouldn't do and blamed it on GD but it looks like GD is stepping up to take care of me.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a similar issue, but 3 evenly spaced "slices" about 1/2 inch up close to the coach. Took pictures, sent the the dealer, replaced.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way the material is made is prone to defect at the minimum thickness the RV industry uses. Seeing how the awnings and toppers are delivered to the plant is an eye-opener too.

Even if the OP can't get it covered, the fabric is easily replaced and can be caught on sale often through the year. Totally doable DIY, especially with power awnings because no spring to fight! I'd patch it and wait to replace it in the 5 years when it needs it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update, been talking with GD direct and talked with a lady there she took action with my dealer and was able to get the awning replaced under warranty. They were great!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12