Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning! CATCH ENTRY DOOR 90 DEGREE BLACK

My wife and I came home yesterday with our brand new GD xls 21bhe. Within and hour, my wife shut the front door not realizing that the catch entry was attached which broke the 90 degree elbow and tore the hardware out of the door.

First off, I want to warn owners or this shortcoming... the screws are in fiberglass and are not strong enough to endure this mistake. It is difficult to tell when the catch entry is engaged because the door doesn’t swing freely (which is awesome).

Secondly, I am looking for some advice:
    -Are there any anchors anyone would recommend to utilize on the fiberglass rv door when I re-mount the hardware?

-i found what seems to be identical hardware on Amazon, has anyone else used this product? It is on the way, ill update this thread after I try it.
    KCHEX 2 Sets 90 Degree Style Plastic Black Entry Door Catch Holder Hook Latch Elbow Arm

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my boating days I used Marine Tex to fill holes in fiberglass. It gets pretty hard. I also have replaced some of the cheap plastic pieces with marine grade stainless steel latches, again from the local marine supply store.

I don't know your RV very well, on my Momentum the window next to the door is a "roll out" type of window and not a "slide up and down" type of window. It is designated a never ever open window because it's possible for the door to swing into in and break it.

When I broke the plastic door latch rather than put the same thing back I install Magnetic Door Catch. It does not hold as securely and will come loose when the wind comes up, but then I usually close the door when it's windy anyway.

And just so you know, you can add links to a post by using the Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	32320 button on the tool bar. Copy the URL with Control-C, type out the header/text you want the reader to see, highlight it, click the link button, Control V to paste the URL in the link box and post.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750