User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basement humidity

Hi. So, since there is no ac ducting to the basement, I have found that it much more humid to that of my past fifth wheels...and with the opening under the hutch on our I get some of that humidity wafting up.

Has Anyone successfully dealt with this. I can envision blocking it off in mon heating season but also add in a computer fan or two right under the hutch to send conditioned air down below?

Thoughts?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... we have not experienced that issue. Are the exterior storage (basement) doors sealed well? I have remote temp/humidity sensors outside, in the basement, and in the front battery compartment. It's raining in Aberdeen, MD, right now and looking at the numbers on the display:

Outside: 74 deg/90%
    Inside: 75 deg/46%
    Basement: 76 deg/49%
    Battery: 78 deg/54%

We leave the living room AC on auto at night and it cycled some last night. We also have a 20 pint dehumidifier that we ran last night. It cycled periodically and there was about a quarter bucket of water to dump out this morning.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Hmmm... we have not experienced that issue. Are the exterior storage (basement) doors sealed well? I have remote temp/humidity sensors outside, in the basement, and in the front battery compartment. It's raining in Aberdeen, MD, right now and looking at the numbers on the display:

Outside: 74 deg/90%
    Inside: 75 deg/46%
    Basement: 76 deg/49%
    Battery: 78 deg/54%

We leave the living room AC on auto at night and it cycled some last night. We also have a 20 pint dehumidifier that we ran last night. It cycled periodically and there was about a quarter bucket of water to dump out this morning.

Rob
    I'll put my temp/humidity sensor down there today and see what I get.The main living area now is about 70 with 48% humidity.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    I'll put my temp/humidity sensor down there today and see what I get.The main living area now is about 70 with 48% humidity.

I guess it felt worse than it was...73 F and 53% humidity. I must have had an ac duct I my last couple of rigs.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK