Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atv rack for back of trailer

Has anyone put a rack on there hitch to haul a quad. And if so who designed it or built it?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hitch receivers on the back of most Grand Design RVs are rated for either 300 or 350 lbs. tongue weight. I suspect an ATV would be way too heavy to go on a rack in the hitch receiver.

By the way, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information (and people won't have to ask) whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 02-24-2021 at 03:10 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built one. It is called a double hitch because it has 2 balls sticking out either side and a "T" shaped mount that slides into the hitch receiver and hooks to the two balls. The wheels are able to rotate 360 degrees. With this set up it will not jack-knife. I got the plans off Google but I cannot remember where. I built it 6' long and 8' wide. I will do a bit of research and see if I can find more for you. My ATV is about 300 lbs and I have no problems carrying it.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dick
    2021 Solitude 310GH 35'
    2019 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I have not been able to get you any more information, I will try to take pictures of what I built as soon as possible. My brother ( a master welder) and I built this thing about 5 years ago from plans some fellow put on the internet and I cannot find anything on this. I think it was on www.irv2.com .

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I built one. It is called a double hitch because it has 2 balls sticking out either side and a "T" shaped mount that slides into the hitch receiver and hooks to the two balls. The wheels are able to rotate 360 degrees. With this set up it will not jack-knife. I got the plans off Google but I cannot remember where. I built it 6' long and 8' wide. I will do a bit of research and see if I can find more for you. My ATV is about 300 lbs and I have no problems carrying it.
    These guys: https://www.cruiserlifts.com/collect...nsport-systems make something similar.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the one with the motorcycle is much like it. I built mine with 3' sq. tube, and the casters are underneath not on the side. I cannot see how it mounts to the hitch receiver on the trailer. I'm almost sure I got the wheels (3 - one spare) and all the metal parts from Northern Tool. I will try to take pictures soon and try to down load them here. I have never been able to do that but I will try again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Yes, the one with the motorcycle is much like it. I built mine with 3' sq. tube, and the casters are underneath not on the side. I cannot see how it mounts to the hitch receiver on the trailer. I'm almost sure I got the wheels (3 - one spare) and all the metal parts from Northern Tool. I will try to take pictures soon and try to down load them here. I have never been able to do that but I will try again.
    I looked at building one as well but had trouble sourcing castor type wheels that were rated/suitable for highway use. This guy: https://axlesandmorebyjoellc.com/ makes one but it’s pretty pricey.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about no pics yet. It is cold and snow covered out side. We may get some 50 degree days next week and I will try then. I have it covered with a tarp and that is still covered with snow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast