User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58
  1. #1
    Fireside Member Mulligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool LIPPERT IS BEING SUED (class action)

    Sheets v. Lippert Components, Inc. et al.
    FILED: AUGUST 21, 2020 ◆§ 2:20-AT-00830 • Read Complaint
    A class action claims Lippert Components-made axles for towable recreational vehicles suffer from a defect than can compromise the integrity of an RV's frame and cause catastrophic damage.

    https://www.classaction.org/news/che...edded-document

    Have a read.

    Mulligan

  2. #2
    Rolling Along
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    Posts
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting lawsuit. I will be following this to see where it leads. When looking at the structural components underneath all the fluff, it is obvious that a certain company has taken shortcuts.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

  3. #3
    Seasoned Camper Phansen404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Midland, Mich
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine they'll be recalling and installing spring hangar support upgrades on axles that don't have them.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

    2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

  4. #4
    Fireside Member Mulligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Phansen404 View Post
    I imagine they'll be recalling and installing spring hangar support upgrades on axles that don't have them.
    I sent an email to Grand Design regarding the Spring Hanger issue. Here is their response.

    Mulligan

    Good morning

    Thank you for reaching out to me; I’m always happy to help and answer questions.

    Actually Lippert is a major supplier of frames throughout the entire rv industry and they have actually addressed the potential concern across the board (all frame models) by adding additional supports in the hanger locations. Yes, all of our Grand Design frames, including the 303rls have this modification.

    If there are any other questions, please let me know.

    Thank you and have an excellent Thursday.

    “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good is the best legacy you can leave behind”

    Chris Holland
    Customer Relations
    Grand Design RV
    11356 CR2
    Middlebury, IN 46540
    574-825-9679 - ext 1026
    574-825-9249 – fax

  5. #5
    Fireside Member Mulligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Spring hanger saga continues

    Here is my response. Sorry, if this is convulated. I also asked the question regarding your comment about a recall.

    Mulligan

    Thanks for your quick reply. Hope your Thursday is going well.

    A couple of points.


    “Actually Lippert is a major supplier of frames throughout the entire rv industry and they have actually addressed the potential concern across the board (all frame models) by adding additional supports in the hanger locations.”

    Not true and incorrect. Outdoors RV Manufacturing and Northwoods Manufacturing (makers of Arctic Fox) make their own frames in house. They are predominantly in the western USA and Canada
    You have just learned something today...your very welcome.

    “Yes, all of our Grand Design frames, including the 303rls have this modification.”


    For those frames that are not modified is it the intention of either Grand Design or Lippert to recall and upgrade spring handlers support on axels that don’t have them?

    What model year did the modifications start?

    Where the Grand Design dealers notified of this modifications?
    If so when?

    How do I know if I purchase a used Grand Design that it has/hasn’t been up graded?

    By copy to Brian Biccum was Voyager RV aware of this frame hanger issue?

  6. #6
    Rolling Along huntindog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    964
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Here is my response. Sorry, if this is convulated. I also asked the question regarding your comment about a recall.

    Mulligan

    Thanks for your quick reply. Hope your Thursday is going well.

    A couple of points.


    “Actually Lippert is a major supplier of frames throughout the entire rv industry and they have actually addressed the potential concern across the board (all frame models) by adding additional supports in the hanger locations.”

    Not true and incorrect. Outdoors RV Manufacturing and Northwoods Manufacturing (makers of Arctic Fox) make their own frames in house. They are predominantly in the western USA and Canada
    You have just learned something today...your very welcome.

    “Yes, all of our Grand Design frames, including the 303rls have this modification.”


    For those frames that are not modified is it the intention of either Grand Design or Lippert to recall and upgrade spring handlers support on axels that don’t have them?

    What model year did the modifications start?

    Where the Grand Design dealers notified of this modifications?
    If so when?

    How do I know if I purchase a used Grand Design that it has/hasn’t been up graded?

    By copy to Brian Biccum was Voyager RV aware of this frame hanger issue?
    Perhaps splitting hairs, but I do not see it as untrue/incorect. The statement was that LCI is a MAJOR supplier, not the ONLY supplier.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

  7. #7
    Fireside Member Mulligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Perhaps splitting hairs, but I do not see it as untrue/incorect. The statement was that LCI is a MAJOR supplier, not the ONLY supplier.
    “Actually Lippert is a major supplier of frames throughout the entire rv industry”...not splitting hairs...both Outdoors RV and Arctic Fox are in the RV industry...are they not?
    Lippert does not supply frames to the “entire RV industry”...that is factually incorrect.
    Appreciate your feedback

  8. #8
    Seasoned Camper Chewwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    LIPPERT IS BEING SUED (class action)

    Deleteded. Addressed by subsequent reply.
    Last edited by Chewwi; 02-25-2021 at 01:50 PM.

  9. #9
    Fireside Member Mulligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Perhaps splitting hairs, but I do not see it as untrue/incorect. The statement was that LCI is a MAJOR supplier, not the ONLY supplier.
    After reading your response a second time...your correct. My apologies.

    Thanks

    Mulligan

  10. #10
    Fireside Member Mulligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Deleteded. Addressed by subsequent reply.
    I read your reply before it was deleted....you are correct. My apologies

    Thanks for your feedback

    Mulligan:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.