User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool No recall

Quote Originally Posted by Phansen404 View Post
    I imagine they'll be recalling and installing spring hangar support upgrades on axles that don't have them.

I emailed GD regarding the spring hanger issue. Their response is they will review each case on an individual basis. There will be NO recall.

I got my hands slapped from GD for attaching a GD email that was posted on this site regarding this issue.

Take care..keep smiling

Mulligan

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    “Actually Lippert is a major supplier of frames throughout the entire rv industry”...not splitting hairs...both Outdoors RV and Arctic Fox are in the RV industry...are they not?
    Lippert does not supply frames to the “entire RV industry”...that is factually incorrect.
    Appreciate your feedback
    So if Goodyear stated they were a major supplier to the entire automotive industry, then unless EVERYONE bought tires from then that would be a lie?
    I don't think so. Auto companies have often changed suppliers from year to year, or even mid year.

Just because a couple of RV manufacturers have so far chosen not to purchase from LCI, doesn't mean that LCI products are not available for them to purchase.... Indeed it could happen at any point in time. All it takes is a cost/benefit anyalisis that makes sense to the manufacturer to do so. Or perhaps a change in upper management.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    So if Goodyear stated they were a major supplier to the entire automotive industry, then unless EVERYONE bought tires from then that would be a lie?
    I don't think so. Auto companies have often changed suppliers from year to year, or even mid year.

Just because a couple of RV manufacturers have so far chosen not to purchase from LCI, doesn't mean that LCI products are not available for them to purchase.... Indeed it could happen at any point in time. All it takes is a cost/benefit anyalisis that makes sense to the manufacturer to do so. Or perhaps a change in upper management.
    Please see my previous response to you...your correct and I apologize.

I miss read your first response.

Keep smiling

Mulligan

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Please see my previous response to you...your correct and I apologize.

I miss read your first response.

Keep smiling

Mulligan
    Sorry I did not reread from the beginning.
    It's all good. Thank you.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Sorry I did not reread from the beginning.
    It's all good. Thank you.

Your very welcome
    Much easier talking face to face over coffee or an adult beverage.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know when GD began addressing this issue? I bought a 2021 311BHS in May of 2020. It was supposedly built in March 2020. Can someone post a picture of what I should be looking for so I can know for sure whether my trailer has or has not had the issue addressed?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Yes, all of our Grand Design frames, including the 303rls have this modification."

What is the modification? Can we tell by visual inspection if it has been done.
    I notice on Alliance suspensions that they added an angle iron section inside the U bracket.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    Does anyone know when GD began addressing this issue? I bought a 2021 311BHS in May of 2020. It was supposedly built in March 2020. Can someone post a picture of what I should be looking for so I can know for sure whether my trailer has or has not had the issue addressed?

I emailed GD regarding the spring hanger issue. Their response is they will review each case on an individual basis. There will be NO recall.

Use the search function “ spring hangers” lots of information and pictures.

Strongly suggest you call GD direct or your GD dealer for specific dates.

By the way I got my hands slapped from GD for attaching a GD email that was posted on this site regarding this issue.
    Take care..keep smiling

Good luck

Mulligan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    "Yes, all of our Grand Design frames, including the 303rls have this modification."

What is the modification? Can we tell by visual inspection if it has been done.
    I notice on Alliance suspensions that they added an angle iron section inside the U bracket.
    Hey Kamloopsian....use the search function “ spring hangers” great information and pictures.
    I was told the fix or repairs depends...it’s looked at by a case by case issue.
    Question...did you buy your GD from Voyager RV in Westbank or Travelland in Kelowna?
    We are looking to purchase a 303rls....but this spring hanger issue is causing me some heart burn...especially if I buy used.

Keep smiling
    Go Blazers Go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if their review occurs after a failure or will they be proactive and when the camper is in for service, add the modification.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast