User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Glad things are working out for you. Not sure where the folks are getting the 2015 2016 dates. The dates in attached California lawsuit are July 2020. Hope I am not muddling the waters...if so my apologies.

See below.

Case No.
    NOTICE OF REMOVAL BY DEFENDANT LIPPERT COMPONENTS, INC.
    (Removed from the Superior Court of California, County of Nevada, Case No. CU020-084701)
    UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SACRAMENTO DIVISION
    BARNES & THORNBURG LLP ATTORNEYS AT LAW LOS ANGELES
    NOTICE OF REMOVAL BY DEFENDANT LIPPERT COMPONENTS, INC.
    Complaint Filed: Complaint Served: Action Removed:
    July 10, 2020
    July 22, 2020 Au
    Now that I look at the lawsuit, I have no idea why he quoted 2015 The RV purchased was a 2018 model year purchased in 2017 and the lawsuit was brought in 2020. Something fishy about the whole thing.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paragraph 14 in the lawsuit (page 3) talks about axles used on model years 2015.

An axle sold by LCI may be installed on a vehicle that will be put up for sale on a dealer lot in as quickly as 2-3 months from the date of sale of the axle. (VanderMel Decl., ¶ 5). But, even if the classes were limited to the newest model vehicle available for sale on dealer lots in July 2016 (it is not), such a limitation would likely reduce LCI’s revenue figure by less than $500,000 because approximately half of the LCI Axles sold in 2015 would likely be in the new model vehicles sold on dealer lots beginning in 2016. (Id.).

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Paragraph 14 in the lawsuit (page 3) talks about axles used on model years 2015.

An axle sold by LCI may be installed on a vehicle that will be put up for sale on a dealer lot in as quickly as 2-3 months from the date of sale of the axle. (VanderMel Decl., ¶ 5). But, even if the classes were limited to the newest model vehicle available for sale on dealer lots in July 2016 (it is not), such a limitation would likely reduce LCI’s revenue figure by less than $500,000 because approximately half of the LCI Axles sold in 2015 would likely be in the new model vehicles sold on dealer lots beginning in 2016. (Id.).

Mike
    I missed that when I read through it but the plaintiff had issues with her 2018 model RV that she bought in 2017. I'm not understanding what the attorneys were arguing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Legal Wrangling

Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I missed that when I read through it but the plaintiff had issues with her 2018 model RV that she bought in 2017. I'm not understanding what the attorneys were arguing.
    Good question..being a Canadian and especially not a lawyer.

It Looks like they are suing for damages from an 2019 incident. A tire blow out caused by a spring hanger failure hitting the tire. There were damages to the trailer and they had to get the trailer towed and repaired.

Looks like Lippert has not responded to the lawsuit.
    “Lippert’s current deadline to answer or respond is August 21, 2020. Lippert’s answer or response will now be due on or before September 8, 2020, due to the Labor Day holiday.“ Page 58 of 60

Just surmising as well as an internet search for “removal” Looks like Lippert wants to move the trial from superior court to district court...legal wrangling??

“PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT Defendant LIPPERT COMPONENTS, INC. (“LCI”)1 hereby removes this action from the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Nevada, to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, and in support thereof, state as follows:”

I don’t think it has gone to trial yet ....with all the legal wrangling going on.

This may be a long process especially with someone with deep pockets.

In Canada suing a company with deep pockets takes forever...and in Canada if there is settlement before trial typically the parties sign a non disclosure agreement.

The only thing I know for sure is what GD said in their email which is posted.

This is getting too technical for me..
    I just want to buy a trailer that is safe.

Take care

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below is a picture of the hangers on my toy hauler. I'm pretty sure these are the reinforcements everyone seems to be talking about
    As an aside, IMHO these stock suspensions are bogus. Reinforcing the brackets, fancy equalizers, wet bolts, bla bla bla .. I think all these are polishing a Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poop.png 
Views:	278 
Size:	868 Bytes 
ID:	32375
    Here's a link to a long discussion elsewhere on Suspension system enhancements ..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210103_133930.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	32376
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 02-27-2021 at 12:32 AM.
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Below is a picture of the hangers on my toy hauler. I'm pretty sure these are the reinforcements everyone seems to be talking about
    As an aside, IMHO these stock suspensions are bogus. Reinforcing the brackets, fancy equalizers, wet bolts, bla bla bla .. I think all these are polishing a Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poop.png 
Views:	278 
Size:	868 Bytes 
ID:	32375
    Here's a link to a long discussion elsewhere on Suspension system enhancements ..

Name:	20210103_133930.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	32376
    If that's the reinforcements, Clearly Grand Design and my Dealer has lied to me. My 2021 Reflection 311BHS does not have anything like that. Your Spring hangers/shackles/U-Backets or whatever you want to call them are more secure with more welds and extra steel. As you can see on my RV, the welds are only on the sides of the U shaped bracket. It wasn't even welded all the way around! If one of those welds breaks and I get hurt as a result, I will be a very wealthy man now that they've been notified of my concerns and chose to ignore them.

Name:	Spring Hangers.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	32377
    Last edited by RobWNY; 02-27-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's the reinforcements, Clearly Grand Design and my Dealer has lied to me. My 2021 Reflection 311BHS does not have anything like that. Your Spring hangers/shackles/U-Backets or whatever you want to call them are more secure with more welds and extra steel. As you can see on my RV, the welds are only on the sides of the U shaped bracket. It wasn't even welded all the way around! If one of those welds breaks and I get hurt as a result, I will be a very wealthy man now that they've been notified of my concerns and chose to ignore them.

Name:	Spring Hangers.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	32377
    I have a 2020 Reflection purchased in late 2019 and I do not have any spring hanger reinforcements.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I will be sending an email for the record.
    Thank you all
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took another look at my Spring hangers and I missed that there's additional Steel support welded on the frame above the hangers. I pointed out what I mean with white arrows. I missed this before and I don't see that support in the photos others have offered in this thread. Would this be the fix Lippert started doing on their frames?

Name:	Spring Hangers 2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	32390

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see on my RV, the welds are only on the sides of the U shaped bracket. It wasn't even welded all the way around!
    Yep, that's pretty common. I've seen just a few tack welds holding hangers/brackets in place on some trailers.
    If one of those welds breaks and I get hurt as a result, I will be a very wealthy man now that they've been notified of my concerns and chose to ignore them.
    I hate to say it, but it's kind of not a "if" it breaks, but a "when". Both times when it happened to me, it was the bracket breaking at the bend(s).

By comparison, here are photos of my F450 suspension that has a GVWR of 14K.
    My 349M has a GVWR of 17K. Which is stronger? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hmmm.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	32396

Name:	20210228_114822.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	32394

Name:	20210228_114848.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	32395
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 02-28-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    signature

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast