Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moryde rubber pin box and Andersen hitch

Hello all

Anybody running the Andersen hitch with a morryde rubber pin box? Andersen says you need a rpb77-006 adaptor for the pin box. Seems that there is controversy about this and would certainly appreciate any first hand experience. The adaptor is called a gooseneck adaptor and Andersen is not a goose neck hitch. I can’t seem to find any installation videos or anything and the morryde site installation instructions are murky at best. It looks like the adaptor reinforces the pin box plate but not 100% sure. That would make kind of sense to me me given the Andersen coupler that goes on the pin box is quite a bit narrower than the plate

Any insights or pictures of actual installs would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the MOrRyde pin box with the Andersen Ultimate Hitch and you do not need the MorRyde adapter. There is another thread on this. Search MOrRyde pin box. I have the same truck and a 385GK.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as GunDog -- we have that set-up without an adapter. No problems in 3 years.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the Morryde pinbox with the AUH and there was not any adapter. Call Andersen and ask them. I called them once and they were easy to talk to and were very helpful.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I used the Morryde pinbox with the AUH and there was not any adapter. Call Andersen and ask them. I called them once and they were easy to talk to and were very helpful.
    I will call them but the website says to use the adaptor

Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    Andersen hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is the MR OEM plate can bend when using the smaller surfaced Andersen coupler. Basically MR is saying that without the add-on plate you may bend the OEM plate. It's your call. This all came about shortly after some Andersen users started bending plates. Could be from any number of reasons. It's a CYA on Morryde's part.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    The issue is the MR OEM plate can bend when using the smaller surfaced Andersen coupler. Basically MR is saying that without the add-on plate you may bend the OEM plate. It's your call. This all came about shortly after some Andersen users started bending plates. Could be from any number of reasons. It's a CYA on Morryde's part.
    Yes that Is what I was guessing. I have been searching for installation videos or pictures of what the plate looks like installed but can’t seem to find. It does sort of make sense given the narrow coupler on the pin box. I am wondering if the adaptor impacts the dampening capability of the rubber pin box as well

Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    Andersen hitch