Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window shades

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window shades

On one of our living room slide we have a window shade that will not roll back up. where can I buy a replacement?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    On one of our living room slide we have a window shade that will not roll back up. where can I buy a replacement?
    Is it damaged, or not behaving? If it is a pin (on one end) and slot (other end) roller shade, you should be able to take it out and get it working correctly again. Lots of videos on you-tube to show you how, some in RVs. If you’re determined to replace it try there anyway, as some videos are sponsored by manufacturers and you might luck out on a match.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    slide your hand in on the left side of the roller. At the end of the roller is a wheel. Turn that a couple of turns to bring the roller up and then give it another try. We were able to get ours going again like this.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will give it a try when I get home. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a pic of the wheel that was mentioned
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GKB_2860b.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	30491
    Gary

2017 Solitude 374TH-R
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually
    2010 Honda NT700V
    2014 Sherco

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having the same issue with the big shade at the dining table. I can't turn that little wheel.....maybe I can if I remove the shade but can't see how to do it.
    Any suggestions?
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    I'm having the same issue with the big shade at the dining table. I can't turn that little wheel.....maybe I can if I remove the shade but can't see how to do it. Any suggestions?
    I can tell you how ours are attached. YMMV.

Our blinds are held to the inside top of a valance by two spring-loaded clips, one near each end. In theory one should be able to use a large flat-blade screwdriver or other prying device to slip between the inside front of the valance and the lever and gently push the lever back to release the blind assembly.

BE VERY GENTLE!! In practice this is awkward to do, and the bracket is made of incredibly poor-quality steel that is very easy to deform.

In theory you should be able to depress the two levers to drop the blind, and put it back the same way. We had a defective blind replaced by the GD dealer and it fell off within a few hundred miles without ever being used. The tech had so badly deformed one of the clips that it could not attach so he just left the blind hanging by one clip which soon also bent and let the blind fall.

I was able to reshape the clips with my fingers, that's how strong they are!

If you do deform one they are attached with a single screw and a whole lot easier to reshape in your hands rather than working upside down in the narrow valance.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Mark......I'll ck into doing that when the wife isn't around to watch. When I was messing with it yesterday... It was be careful, don't break it, don't mess with it if you don't know what you're doing, etc etc. Ha ha
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    Thank you Mark......I'll ck into doing that when the wife isn't around to watch. When I was messing with it yesterday... It was be careful, don't break it, don't mess with it if you don't know what you're doing, etc etc. Ha ha
    Wife School, second semester, Lesson 4.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wheel is a bit hard to turn and you won't know which way to turn it until after you do it and find out that it was the wrong way. One side wheel adjusts the tension of the blind - how fast it rolls up. The other adjusts where it stops when you let it go. Here are how mine are mounted: the front piece on each side is pin nailed and you can wiggle it a bit and then get a thin screwdriver behind it to pop it off. However, you will need a brad nailer (or glue) to get it back on when you are finished. After the sides are off, you will see 4 pocket screws, two on each side. Unscrew these and the valance and blind will come off. Adjusting the black wheels is easy with the thing off the wall.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GKB_2857b.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	30505 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GKB_2858b.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	30506 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GKB_2859b.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	30507
    Gary

2017 Solitude 374TH-R
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually
    2010 Honda NT700V
    2014 Sherco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast