Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buying/selling used and NADA values

I am looking at a used reflection a couple years old, The nada values this trailer at 32-38 but that price seems high even though in great condition, If my researching online are correct most people get 25% off msrp which would put this at a 45k new trailer. are most people buying or selling around nada pricing? I’d feel more comfortable around the low end of that estimate even though it is a great trailer in great condition it is still 2-3 years old, also hoping to be a real member in the next couple weeks, when I find the right 5th wheel for the right price
    Last edited by jaggedsperm; 02-25-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the price?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    asking price is 41k but I am trying to figure out a fair offer without being too insulting, so we can both feel equally a bit screwed, If nada usually values a bit high I would stick to the lower end 32-35$

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggedsperm View Post
    asking price is 41k but I am trying to figure out a fair offer without being too insulting, so we can both feel equally a bit screwed, If nada usually values a bit high I would stick to the lower end 32-35$
    Dealer? Private sale?

Did you get a firm price on a new one?

Vague info so impossible to help

What model btw?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a 2018 303rls, private sale, I got a quote on a 2021 at 55k after TTL from a dealer, this however was with no haggling and just a quote

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedsperm View Post
    This is a 2018 303rls, private sale, I got a quote on a 2021 at 55k after TTL from a dealer, this however was with no haggling and just a quote

We too are researching to buy a 303 rls. This forum has been invaluable in providing information. I am not sure if you are aware that the Lippert Frames in the past,which the 3030rls sits on, has had some structural issues.
    Type in Spring Hangers in the search function and you will discover pictures and information on the issue.
    The current Lippert frames have been modified to correct the problem. Just as a FYI. In addition there is a class action legal suite in California against Lippert, the rv dealership and the RV Manufacturer on the deficiencies.

The spring hanger issues for me is troubling and I am trying to clarify with Grand Design that if I purchase a used unit who will pay for the “fix” if it needs it.

This forum is a wealth of information and people here a very willing to share their story’s both good and bad.

Good luck with your search do your due diligence and remember Caveat emptor “ let the buyer beware”

Mul

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 2021 311 last month, I was able to haggle a better price than used 2018 models were listed on RVTRADER. I would consider trying to negotiate on a new one and see what the difference is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought one a new one last week from PleasureLand in MN. They quoted $48,950. I found one in Georgia for $3000 less. I got the quote in writing. PleasureLand offered another $1000 off. We took it. Saved a trip down south plus we like having a local dealer do work if we need it. I shopped around. I think the first offer was actually fair after seeing what other dealers in the upper Midwest were asking for it.
    Last edited by Dakota; 02-26-2021 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Redundant words

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was that quote after TTL registration etc? either way sounds like a great deal. I just offered a 35k for a great condition 2018 303rls and got shut down pretty quickly. Thought it was a fair deal.. i just cant get a grasp on the market and what is fair right now because everything is so different from month to month with covid and camping season picking up.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was before TTL. We paid another $2000 for a Pull Rite automatic slider hitch and then about 6.5% tax, title and license. All said and done it came to about $53 - $54,000. We were thinking about a 2017 in WI that was offered for 37k but wanted newer with the warranty. The dealer we bought from had a 2018 for 38k and sold it the day after it came in and we didn’t get a chance to see it.