Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price Increase on All Grand Design Units??

Had the opportunity to tour about 6-7 GD units and 2 Alliance units yesterday at a larger RV dealer in Virginia. Salesman told me they received a notification from GD on Tues evening of a $3-5K price increase on all GD units, effective immediately. (Although its a little fuzzy, I faintly recall hearing this same spiel last year when we were looking at rigs in the same General location.) We didn't discuss specific pricing, since we haven't decided on the model yet. Anyone else hear about this? @huntr70?
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pricing still looks the same to me on the GD "Build and Price" pages. I wouldn't be surprised at all that prices aren't going up though. They are on everything else it seems.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Pricing still looks the same to me on the GD "Build and Price" pages. I wouldn't be surprised at all that prices aren't going up though. They are on everything else it seems.
    Thanks. I also went to the website and I didn't see any updates from my last visit, but I understand the website lags behind build sheet updates. To date, I haven't seen a revised build sheet. Just wondering if it was a sales pitch to buy now or if it was legit. Since I heard the same thing last year from the same dealer, I'm thinking its the former, but could be wrong. Also, last year, when I asked for a build sheet, the prices on it were 10% higher than on the website. I got another build sheet from @huntr70 (thanks!) that had the correct prices. Was told by the sales rep that it was an old build sheet and the new one was revised the day after I was in the dealership. Turnip truck ---> me.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price went up $2500 on the 320G from yesterday on the build and price. We just pulled the trigger on the order today and our dealer said the increase is effective March 1st.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_rt View Post
    The price went up $2500 on the 320G from yesterday on the build and price. We just pulled the trigger on the order today and our dealer said the increase is effective March 1st.
    Ok, good to know. Maybe sales rep was shooting straight with us.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Ok, good to know. Maybe sales rep was shooting straight with us.
    Interestingly enough I was waiting for a quote from a General dealer in Va. I emailed and called them Wednesday and spoke to a salesman yesterday snd he told me he was waiting for the new prices to come out before he quoted me. 🤦**♂️. Needless to say I didn’t use them.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_rt View Post
    Interestingly enough I was waiting for a quote from a General dealer in Va. I emailed and called them Wednesday and spoke to a salesman yesterday snd he told me he was waiting for the new prices to come out before he quoted me. ��**♂️. Needless to say I didn’t use them.
    That’s where we were. In Ashland. Went there because they had most of the models we were interested in touring. Well except the ones that were number 1 and 2 on our list - 378MBS & 3550BH. About 2 hours before we got there, the 378 had sold and was transported to another store.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we just bought a new 21BHE and our sales rep said the next one coming in was going to see a price increase from Grand Design. Hopefully you can get a good deal before this takes affect!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New prices take effect on 3/1. The only ordered units that are price protected are retail sold units.

Anything I have on order that is stock will see the increase. All lines, all models.

Not that it is a surprise, every manufacturer Rep that I have just emailed me the new prices. Some are up 5-8% on cost.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    New prices take effect on 3/1. The only ordered units that are price protected are retail sold units.
    Yeah, I would be torqued if my dealer tried to jack the price up on the one I'm picking up next weekend. It lands on the lot Monday. We already have an agreed upon price and I gave him a deposit, so I'm not too worried about shenanigans anyway.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast