User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so stainless steel sink - Keep it Clean?

Okay, the tiny stainless steel sink in the bathroom is not so stainless. How do you prevent water spotting? So far, I keep a sponge there to wipe with every use. Not ideal!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A water softener might help if the water is hard but even then, with stainless you will still need to give it a wipe. It's the nature of the beast to show everything.

If it bugs you to the point of frustration you can always change it to a non stainless sink.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Bar Keepers Friend powder or liquid!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife uses baking soda. Shines it up also.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good suggestions all. Just hoping for some magical spray on something or other. Guess I'll keep the Sham Wow handy!
    [I]Leesway
    2023 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 GMC 2500 HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady23PNW View Post
    Try Bar Keepers Friend powder or liquid!
    I second the recommendation for Bar Keepers Friend. I use it to keep my stainless steel brew kettles clean. Does a great job and won't scratch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bar Keeper's Friend is a great choice for stainless steel; I just want to know if it's safe for the tanks & seals on tanks when it gets rinsed down the sinks. Website lists these ingredients: "Mineral Abrasive (glass oxide), Oxalic Acid, Anionic Surfactant, Water-Softening Agent" and states: "BKF is an acidic cleaner, whereas most other powdered cleansers are alkaline (bleach-based). Acidic cleansers are more effective against mineral deposits and rust stains and are also recommended by most stainless steel product manufacturers over bleach-based cleansers." Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eecog8r View Post
    Bar Keeper's Friend is a great choice for stainless steel; I just want to know if it's safe for the tanks & seals on tanks when it gets rinsed down the sinks. Website lists these ingredients: "Mineral Abrasive (glass oxide), Oxalic Acid, Anionic Surfactant, Water-Softening Agent" and states: "BKF is an acidic cleaner, whereas most other powdered cleansers are alkaline (bleach-based). Acidic cleansers are more effective against mineral deposits and rust stains and are also recommended by most stainless steel product manufacturers over bleach-based cleansers." Any thoughts?
    The stainless used to make theses sinks is a grade that just barely qualifies it as stainless steel. I too have low expectations of them remaining free of rust or other stains. I opened my trailer up yesterday and saw another rust ring in the kitchen sink. Regarding cleaners, bleach or alkyd based ones have chlorides which attack stainless steel. You are better off with Barkeepers for your sinks and septic systems.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is your magical spray on something water spot remover. Ducky Water Spot Remover.

https://www.amazon.com/Ducky-Water-S...s%2C418&sr=8-2

I bought this to use on a boat I had on recommendation from a marina. I could not believe how it worked!! There were I don't know how many years of water spots on this boat and they were GONE right down to the paint in the wipe of a towel. I would highly recommend it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look!
    [I]Leesway
    2023 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 GMC 2500 HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast