User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Leaning toward this ^^^^^^^..

fp
    I just got one. You'll like it.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, you could get the f150 and install E rated tires and an extra spring and call yours the HDPP. I know, ok, they say the axle is different but why buy a half ton that is basically turned into a 3/4 ton. I never figured out why someone would wreck the ride of a half ton by putting 10 ply tires on. Just get a 3/4 ton and your golden...except with Ford and you can't get the turbo 6 in the big truck...oh well. As we can all see, there's not much market for HDPP or they would make more of them. And we also see that the turbo 6 is not really that heavy duty or it would be offered in a 7k truck, not just a 5k truck. Therein lies the important factor...8k pulling 10k is much better than pulling it with 5k. Towing weight vs towed weight...never comes up with the sticker experts...as well as wheelbase...gets missed because most, if not all, duallys are long wheelbase, and this forum is all about get a dually. Even more so for F450 now...it turns better but don't worry about the sticker, it's bs in this case...LOL.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 f-150 with the payload package. Payload is 2577Lbs. That’s more then my friends F-250 with at payload of 2374lbs. There was only 2 with the payload package in the whole Midwest. I got lucky, one was 20mins from me. Better gas mileage too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    I have a 2021 f-150 with the payload package. Payload is 2577Lbs. That’s more then my friends F-250 with at payload of 2374lbs. There was only 2 with the payload package in the whole Midwest. I got lucky, one was 20mins from me. Better gas mileage too.

Which engine does your truck have? How’s the ride? More importantly, how does it tow?
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxing Out Payloads of Your Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    Which engine does your truck have? How’s the ride? More importantly, how does it tow?
    3.5 eco boost. I had a Chevy Colorado so I can compare it to that. It’s really fast and quick. It rides straight like tight on the hi-way no swaying I guess. Like on rails. It’s little bit stiffer ride. 1 week driving it and I’m getting comfortable in the seat. I like slouching to the right. I still would rather have my Colorado for a daily driver though. It is the LX model but still has the Ford pass which gives me navigation and remote start for free. Plus trailer info input. I haven’t towed with it yet. Going to Florida from Chicago for spring break. Will find out soon enough.

Last edited by thegreenblade; 03-02-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    New here. Great stuff in the forums.

Buying a new 22RBE and considering replacing a 2012 Silverado 1500. Looking at 2500HD gas burners (hard to find!!!) or possibly an F150 eco-boost 3.5. The 2500 will handle our payload easily, but if I were to go with the F150, I will most likely be maxing out the payload (2100). Have any of you ever had a problem running close to the maximum payload of your vehicle, especially an F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost?

Thanks!

FP
    I don't understand how you think you will max out your payload on an F-150 with a dry hitch weight of 500 lbs. The camper GVW is 7000 lbs., so 12.5 % is 875 lbs. My 2018 F-150 XLT payload is 1694 lbs., so that would leave 819 lbs. of "stuff" to put in my truck. I have the 2800BH (604 dry hitch weight) with a ProPride hitch and I'm not close to my payload. I don't bring a ton with me, but we are just weekend warriors pretty much. I love my F-150 for towing and a daily driver.
    Scott and Jenny
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5 EB, Max Tow Pkg.
    ProPride Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our Silverado 2500 gasser. We pull our 2800BH all over the mountains in the western US. There’s a significant difference between our truck and two of our buddy’s F150 ecoboosts. No comparison on any type of grade.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmunro View Post
    We love our Silverado 2500 gasser. We pull our 2800BH all over the mountains in the western US. There’s a significant difference between our truck and two of our buddy’s F150 ecoboosts. No comparison on any type of grade.
    The eco boost has considerable more torque than the 6.2. They likely outpull you

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who has had both a Silverado 1500 V-8 and F-150 with the big ecoboost you want a 3/4 ton. I just switched to a gas F-250 and what a difference it has made. I tow a 247bh so well under the towing limit of the two previous as well as the payloads. The issue isn't towing the rig it's the control. I've got a blue ox anti sway weight distribution hitch and honestly with the half tons it still swayed. Every time a semi went by or any wind. I was white knuckle driving the whole way. No such issues with the F-250. Now I'm not saying you can't tow with the half tons but I feel like those are better for very small travel trailers or smaller , shorter footprints like an airstream.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The eco boost has considerable more torque than the 6.2. They likely outpull you
    I would have thought the same however we camp with this group at least twice a year every year and what we've found in real driving conditions it is different than that.
    EDIT:
    I just looked up the torque and HP specs. I've got more HP while the ecoboost is just slightly ahead in torque by 20 lbs/ft. Maybe the difference is elsewhere like gear ratios, etc? All of this is well above my pay grade.
    Last edited by bobmunro; 03-03-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast