Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    The proverbial unicorn
    Here is your Unicorn sighting:

"They would rather see settlements than waste taxpayers money on long drawn out suits which backlog the courts."

I about spit up my coffee. With all these high minded budget concerned individuals in Govt..... How did the National debt get so high?

BTW, I too cannot tell you what I did for many years. But I can give you a hint: It involved a dark robe and a wooden hammer.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judges worry about their decisions being overturned via appeal. That hits their record and their scoring system. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    There is always someone that makes this claim. No one has ever been able to back it up with evidence...

Don't hold your breath.

Condescending,

In reality it was proven to me, which is enough for me , and to correctly post about it. Whether you believe me is of no concern and in reality doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I am not obligated to prove it to you or anyone else. . Just remember case law does not include settlements of civil cases which never sent to trial as the lawsuits get settled , many with non disclosures or no fault clauses and were withdrawn by nature of the settlement. They won’t be found anywhere.

I don’t believe their are criminal laws concerning overweight vehicles. But certainly that does mean there aren’t civil suits.

To quote a fellow attorney in a post of his concerning this:
    “While the state laws may vary regarding regulation and enforcement, there is one principal that is pretty consistent across the US and is somewhat a catch all as regards your personal conduct, "Gross Negligence". If you knowingly operate any vehicle in a manner that could be deemed unsafe and are involved in an accident you are likely to be held accountable for the damage, and in the case of death likely to be criminally charged. To me that pretty much makes it a mute point as to IF I want to risk operating my RV overloaded, or IF the law enforcement of a state is going to check you”

Others can read what I and others have posted about similar incidents they have knowledge of . You can research case law on vehicle negligence if you want, and you can call motor vehicles, stop at a state weighing station and ask them if it’s ok to violate payload capabilities of a towing vehicle, call your insurance company or consult your attorney. I suggest you get as much info from qualified people vs internet amateur posers / amateur attorneys. Then decide for yourself. I say go to the experts.

People on here have the intelligence to filter through posts and decide what works for them

I believe a new RV er or someone looking for info on payload capacity have the ability to sift through what they see and have different views presented to choose what is the best risk avoidance plan for themselves.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Btw the payload sticker on every vehicle uses the word “should”

Should is a recommendation and not usable in court

Must and shall are legal terms

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    The owner's manual says "MUST" which is a legal term.

" The addition of trailer kingpin load weight, and the weight of passengers and cargo,must not cause vehicle weights to exceed the rear GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) or GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). These ratings can be found on the vehicle’s Safety Compliance Certification Label”
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show me a case that lists the "County or district court would also help. (What county/state). And just a last name. Civil suits are public record." for any civil action of any kind posted on the internet

Now if you what to listen to the forum lawyers that's fine but if you want the facts to make an appointment with a real Accident Attorney have him research it you might find out there is cases of overloaded non-commercial vehicles that have been taken to court including RVs. I did and got the facts! The attorney that I went to even used the example of 3/4 ton pulling a 5er as a reads flag. Two attorneys are my customer's and both of them have mentioned to me about staying within your GVWR ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Could you cite the suit so we can research? Date and one name would be helpful.

County or district court would also help. (What county/state). And just a last name. Civil suits are public record.

Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post

Now if you what to listen to the forum lawyers that's fine but if you want the facts to make an appointment with a real Accident Attorney have him research it you might find out there is cases of overloaded non-commercial vehicles that have been taken to court including RVs. I did and got the facts! The attorney that I went to even used the example of 3/4 ton pulling a 5er as a reads flag. Two attorneys are my customer's and both of them have mentioned to me about staying within your GVWR ratings.
    Of course their are suits brought to trial about overweight vehicles in accidents. Including rv’s. And I don’t think anyone here ever asked or suggested that there aren’t. I simply asked for information to go read the court filing. Seemed harmless enough.

The original poster made reference to the case. I simply asked for specifics on the case to see what the filing said. He was unwilling to provide it which is his right.

People seem to be caught up in the settlement aspect of this thread. I for one don’t care about the settlement side and know that those aren’t necessarily public record. I also know that settlements happen for a variety of reasons. So remove that from the equation. I didn’t post any claims about the Civil suit. I simply asked a question so I could go research this specific claim by myself. Seemed reasonable at the time.

2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked an attorney that is a customer of mine and he said what you will have to do is go to the courthouse and search court records for cases that involving an RV. That will give the percent of fault that is assigned to each party. After you find that you will have to submit a request to the judge to get the court records and jury records. In that, you will find the assigned fault and how they come with the fault assignments. EASY.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Of course their are suits brought to trial about overweight vehicles in accidents. Including rv’s. And I don’t think anyone here ever asked or suggested that there aren’t. I simply asked for information to go read the court filing. Seemed harmless enough.

The original poster made reference to the case. I simply asked for specifics on the case to see what the filing said. He was unwilling to provide it which is his right.

People seem to be caught up in the settlement aspect of this thread. I for one don’t care about the settlement side and know that those aren’t necessarily public record. I also know that settlements happen for a variety of reasons. So remove that from the equation. I didn’t post any claims about the Civil suit. I simply asked a question so I could go research this specific claim by myself. Seemed reasonable at the time.

Dennis & Ellie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I asked an attorney that is a customer of mine and he said what you will have to do is go to the courthouse and search court records for cases that involving an RV. That will give the percent of fault that is assigned to each party. After you find that you will have to submit a request to the judge to get the court records and jury records. In that, you will find the assigned fault and how they come with the fault assignments. EASY.....
    Sigh....well...again...not looking for fault, assignment. Never mind. You didn’t read my post.

2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    3.5 eco boost. I had a Chevy Colorado so I can compare it to that. It’s really fast and quick. It rides straight like tight on the hi-way no swaying I guess. Like on rails. It’s little bit stiffer ride. 1 week driving it and I’m getting comfortable in the seat. I like slouching to the right. I still would rather have my Colorado for a daily driver though. It is the LX model but still has the Ford pass which gives me navigation and remote start for free. Plus trailer info input. I haven’t towed with it yet. Going to Florida from Chicago for spring break. Will find out soon enough.

For my next truck, I’m considering ordering something similar. Everything I need, nothing I don’t need. Definitely want something with more available payload next time since our camping lifestyle has drastically changed, for the better. Sounds like a nice truck!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxing Out Payloads of Your Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    For my next truck, I’m considering ordering something similar. Everything I need, nothing I don’t need. Definitely want something with more available payload next time since our camping lifestyle has drastically changed, for the better. Sounds like a nice truck!
    2577 payload. I’m averaging 17mpg. Could be way worse with a f250. I don’t have tow mirrors that’s the only problem. No Ford dealer know how to order them either. Boost auto doesn’t make them yet.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast