User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Leak in shower area on 2500rl

First trip after last week's Texas deep freeze. Got set up, turned water on, and heard water either under shower and in shower wall. Turned off water to start looking. No water by water heater, but took out small panel under shower and could see water under there. But I can't figure out how you get in there to troubleshoot and repair. It did not appear you come in from underneath rv. Do you have to uninstall the shower? Wasn't sure so we have a mobile rv tech coming on-site tomorrow morning. Hoping it is just a small peice of plumbing. Any information on how to get in to that small space is appreciated! Other comments suggestions as well! Sorry, no research on this site prior as I am on my phone...thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up taking RV to a local dealer to hopefully get repaired soon as we are supposed to go back out in a couple of weeks. Called Grand Design to ask about getting to the plumbing in the shower. He said they did not have any schematics showing how the plumbing is run in the RV. We discussed the possible location of the leak and he advised that the best bet to get to the shower plumbing is to take the wall panel off, which is what the mobile tech told me last week as well. Well, so now we wait for the dealer tech to get to it! Read so much on this forum, watched tons of video, and feel like I would like to take a crack at it, but have absolutely no where to work on it for more than an hour or so. Oh well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you this post. I am experiencing what appears like the exact same problem. We hit the road Friday in our 2500RL after the Texas deep freeze. Experience what appears to be the same leak in exactly the same location you described. Our 2500RL is at the dealer now. Hopefully, the fix will be straight forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what it looks like behind the shower faucet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water lines in shower.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	507.9 KB 
ID:	32731
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mnrover...Great pic! Thank you! We had checked that at first and it seemed to be fine. Splashing was coming from lower down in the wall. Fast forward to yesterday. Picked the rig up from the servicing location...only a little over 2 weeks at their site...I was very happy with that! Their findings were "found check valve for the outside water port was cracked". They removed the check valve, replaced it, fixed the cracked pipe with brass, tested all water systems for flow and leaks. Found no other leaks. They had to take off the bedroom wall panel to get to the back of the shower area to find this. I thoroughly checked out the wall and shower area when we picked it up yesterday and cosmetically could not hardly tell they had even worked there! There was a bit of caulking and dust, but no damage at all to the wall, panel, sliding door or hinges, shower, etc. Very happy so far! We leave this weekend for another quick trip so we will be keeping an eye on all plumbing that we can get to to double check for any leaks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraze View Post
    Mnrover...Great pic! Thank you! We had checked that at first and it seemed to be fine. Splashing was coming from lower down in the wall. Fast forward to yesterday. Picked the rig up from the servicing location...only a little over 2 weeks at their site...I was very happy with that! Their findings were "found check valve for the outside water port was cracked". They removed the check valve, replaced it, fixed the cracked pipe with brass, tested all water systems for flow and leaks. Found no other leaks. They had to take off the bedroom wall panel to get to the back of the shower area to find this. I thoroughly checked out the wall and shower area when we picked it up yesterday and cosmetically could not hardly tell they had even worked there! There was a bit of caulking and dust, but no damage at all to the wall, panel, sliding door or hinges, shower, etc. Very happy so far! We leave this weekend for another quick trip so we will be keeping an eye on all plumbing that we can get to to double check for any leaks!
    Awesome that you are dealing with a good servicer that did the right thing. Happy trails!
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The results for my 2500RL is very similar. Mine was not a shower leak but also related to the outside spray port. One difference is the tech gained access by removing the cover for the outside port to gain access. He did not have to remove the inside wall. We felt very lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FIXED! For my situation anyway

Thanks for the post about the Spray Port check valve! I had what appeared to be the same kind of leak described here. I opened the Spray Port, removed the four Philips screws, pulled it out and saw that at least a quarter of it was completely missing. I ordered a replacement from Amazon which was about $15 and delivered the next day. These Spray Ports are generic and cheap so don’t spend more than you need to. While waiting for the replacement Spray Port, I went to Home Depot and got a 1/2 inch hose plug to cap off the hose so I could connect water to the rig.

If the Spray Port bursting from freezing conditions happens to be your issue it’s a super easy fix. I’m so glad that I saw this post before sending our trailer to the dealer!