User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek slide questions

This Imagine 2150RB is the first RV we've owned with a slide, it has the Schwintek system. The slide is about 8 feet and has the frig and a tri-fold sofa. I've read the manual a number of times, watched some youtube vids and lubed the correct places and the seals. My question and slight concern is when you run the slide out or in it just doesn't sound very smooth. It's a little bit herky-jerky and you can hear the rpms of the motors vary slightly. No evidence of uneven wear on the racks or rubbing marks anywhere etc but I just don't know what is normal. What is it sliding on under the floor and should something down there be lubed? Also my spot at the storage isn't level, should the trailer be level to run the slide? Can't get to the bedroom with the slide in.

thanks
    Jeff
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2018 Titan CC 4x4

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an expert but mine acts similar to what you describe. I think we have a very similarly built slide. A good technician I use explained to me it's the motors staying in sync with each other as the slide goes over the balance point on the rollers that the slide moves on.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ACDogs View Post
    This Imagine 2150RB is the first RV we've owned with a slide, it has the Schwintek system. The slide is about 8 feet and has the frig and a tri-fold sofa. I've read the manual a number of times, watched some youtube vids and lubed the correct places and the seals. My question and slight concern is when you run the slide out or in it just doesn't sound very smooth. It's a little bit herky-jerky and you can hear the rpms of the motors vary slightly. No evidence of uneven wear on the racks or rubbing marks anywhere etc but I just don't know what is normal. What is it sliding on under the floor and should something down there be lubed? Also my spot at the storage isn't level, should the trailer be level to run the slide? Can't get to the bedroom with the slide in. thanks Jeff
    While our bedroom Schwintek slide has also never sounded completely smooth it has worked for nearly three years.

HOWEVER it is quite important that the trailer be level before the slide is operated. Otherwise you're causing uneven wear and strain on the motors and the system that will likely bite you later on.

As @Wicked ace notes above, keeping the motors synchronized is also important to long-term reliability. You ensure synchronization by holding the operating switch down for a few seconds each time after the slide is fully retracted and stops moving.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, good to hear it's operating normally. I saw that about keeping the motors synchronized and do it but it's really hard to keep pushing the button after the slide has stopped. Like keeping the key turned after the truck has started!
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2018 Titan CC 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I've learned here the three second rule is one that should be done every time. Oh and, the level part too. Very good advise.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ACDogs View Post
    Thanks for the replies, good to hear it's operating normally. I saw that about keeping the motors synchronized and do it but it's really hard to keep pushing the button after the slide has stopped. Like keeping the key turned after the truck has started!
    I agree, it takes character and mental toughness to keep that switch held down after the slide is retracted. However "they" make us do it! Just for a few seconds, then you can apologize to the switch and move on with your relationship.

My wife does NOT work the same way when I push her too much.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch