User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Grey water issue

    Picked up a new 22MLE in November. Drove it to Florida winterized.
    Took ir to South Bay Floride for a couple nights, found grey tank lever inoperable, would move. Assume possible kink or stuck shutter valve.
    We have another outing planned in six days and nobody can get to it before the trip.

    Any ideas on how to get at least some "water" out of the grey tank (three lights)??
    Might have to just not use sinks or shower.

    Appreciate any suggestions,

    Carl

  2. #2
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really any other way to get water out than through that valve

    I can’t imagine a “kink” would completely stop the movement. Might make it more difficult

    Lot of weight to drive around with and being not full may slosh around making it somewhat unstable

    I would investigate it some more and figure it out

    They are simple systems


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  3. #3
    Site Team Second Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wherever...
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know of any workaround for that other than dropping the Coroplast and checking/repairing/replacing the valve and cable. Did you mean the valve handle would not move or it moves with little or no resistance?

    Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Widowed and very happily remarried
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know of any workaround for that other than dropping the Coroplast and checking/repairing/replacing the valve and cable. Did you mean the valve handle would not move or it moves with little or no resistance?

    Rob
    No movement at all. Anymore pulling would over-stress the mounting bracket.

    I had thought of running flexible hose under the sink and trying to siphon until it could be repaired. Looking under the sinks the plastic seems a bit delicate so I didn't try,

    This unit is under warrantee but dealers and mobile repair are backed up.
    This is relevant because we have a reserved site on a Gulf beach in 5 days, only our second time to a campground. Last week was our first and we drove it home in this condition. Minimal trucks and wind so handling was reasonable. Would adding water to the fresh tank reduce or exacerbate handling issues?

    Carl

  5. #5
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Grey water issue

    Quote Originally Posted by carlmill47 View Post
    No movement at all. Anymore pulling would over-stress the mounting bracket.

    I had thought of running flexible hose under the sink and trying to siphon until it could be repaired. Looking under the sinks the plastic seems a bit delicate so I didn't try,

    This unit is under warrantee but dealers and mobile repair are backed up.
    This is relevant because we have a reserved site on a Gulf beach in 5 days, only our second time to a campground. Last week was our first and we drove it home in this condition. Minimal trucks and wind so handling was reasonable. Would adding water to the fresh tank reduce or exacerbate handling issues?

    Carl
    I wouldn’t add any more weight

    These are the things that will arise quite often sometimes that we need to delve into ourselves
    Waiting for a technician can be inconvenient

    I would pull the coroplast down some to inspect. Can’t really hurt much at this point

    Like I said they are simple systems
    Just a cable pulling a gate valve open

    Good luck


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  6. #6
    Site Team Second Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wherever...
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmill47 View Post
    No movement at all. Anymore pulling would over-stress the mounting bracket.

    I had thought of running flexible hose under the sink and trying to siphon until it could be repaired. Looking under the sinks the plastic seems a bit delicate so I didn't try,

    This unit is under warrantee but dealers and mobile repair are backed up.
    This is relevant because we have a reserved site on a Gulf beach in 5 days, only our second time to a campground. Last week was our first and we drove it home in this condition. Minimal trucks and wind so handling was reasonable. Would adding water to the fresh tank reduce or exacerbate handling issues?

    Carl
    Considering the time crunch, you may have to do it yourself if the dealer or a mobile tech can't fit you in. As for adding water for weight, it could go either way depending on where the fresh water tank is located in relation to the axles. What you need do to is weigh everything at a CAT scale - with and without the trailer hitched up - to calculate your tongue weight and total weights and see how things are distributed.

    Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Widowed and very happily remarried
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Considering the time crunch, you may have to do it yourself if the dealer or a mobile tech can't fit you in. As for adding water for weight, it could go either way depending on where the fresh water tank is located in relation to the axles. What you need do to is weigh everything at a CAT scale - with and without the trailer hitched up - to calculate your tongue weight and total weights and see how things are distributed.

    Rob
    Yes, tried to do the three pass CAT scale thing a few days ago, it was broken.

  8. #8
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh water Is in front of the axle. Is there fiberglass or anything similar in/above the coroplast?
    We have an appointment with a roving service guy on 2/12. I think we can still make the trip to the beach w/o adding anything to the grey tank.
    Picture washing dishes in a wash basin and then pouring it down the toilet, we will be connected to septic, electric and water

  9. #9
    Site Team Second Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wherever...
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmill47 View Post
    Fresh water Is in front of the axle. Is there fiberglass or anything similar in/above the coroplast?
    Not on the Imagine line - just a "layer of radiant foil insulation."

    https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...e/construction

    Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Widowed and very happily remarried
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like something I could handle, will watch the service guy and take notes.
    Thanks for the assistance/suggestions.
    Carl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.