User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaccinations. Kidding - MorRyde Rubber Pin Box or Reese Goosebox Gen II

I know many of you are disappointed that this thread isn't about vaccinations.

We are looking at several fifth wheels, a few of which come with the MorRyde rubber pin box. I am switching trucks to either a 2021 F350 DRW or F450 - working on that right now. When not towing the new rig, I'll need access to my bed as the TV will be used as a daily driver and for farm use. We are discussing going full time for a sabbatical year, maybe as soon as next year but will return to our farm and the need for bed access once again. Our stock and equipment trailers, as of right now, are all bumper pull, so don't have to have a gooseneck ball, but that could change at any time. Tow quality is a big concern, especially if my wife is driving. If we go with something like an S-Class bunkhouse (3550BH or 3740BH), I will definitely change out the 1621 pin box for a Goosebox. But, if we end up in a Momentum or Solitude that has the MorRyde, does it make sense to switch out for the Goosebox or instead go with something like the Andersen? I can use a conventional fifth wheel hitch like a B&W Companion and can lift it out with our tractor or a joist-mounted hoist in one of our barns. Ideally looking for a simple solution and something my wife might be able to handle on her own - hitching, removing, etc. She is awesome at handling the tractor, so no worries there.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cute. Nice sense of humor. Especially concerning the junk I just closed off over there on that forum.

Anyhow, I'll leave the Anderson question for the experts.

I would suggest checking out Big Truck Big RV on you tube to get his view on the AUX versus a Reese Gooseneck approved for the Lippert chassis versus whatever. It might make you consider a gooseneck.

This is the link.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Cute. Nice sense of humor. Especially concerning the junk I just closed off over there on that forum.
    I might have contributed to that thread.

I've seen the BTBRV video on the Gen II Goosebox, but didn't realize he had compared with the AUH. I'll check out the link. Thanks.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very happy with our MORryde dampened pinbox used with a PullRite conventional hitch. Since you don't want a conventional hitch (heavy, etc.), I would recommend the Reese GooseBox (many are happy with it) or - if you want to keep the MORryde and still have an easily removable hitch, you might look at the Andersen Ultimate (we towed with one for about 13K miles and were happy with it) or PullRite's equivalent, the SuperLite. Both can be had in versions that attach via the gooseneck ball so you'll have a clear bed when the hitch is removed and are easy to install and remove. None of these options will do anything for your immune system... but they will help your lower back.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015