Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 GS Reflection 310RLS

Hi Everyone,

We just picked our new 5r up yesterday at the dealership. Will Post the pics o the welcome thread. :-)

While we were there we noticed that the furnace will turn on and air starts to flow through the ducting, but the air not not warm (at all). Even cranking the temp to 80 or 90 (as high as it would go), it didn't make any real difference. We left it on awhile to - it didn't really improve.

Yes, the propane gas was turned on (verified by lighting the stove) and the furnace vent outside of the trailers was exhausting hot air (hotter than what was inside the trailer)

We asked at the dealership and they said it was the way that they are.

Is this the case, or do we need to have a conversation with someone at GD?

So far, I'm a little concerned about the service department where we purchased the Reflection.

Any input is welcome!

Thank you! Kathy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would talk to GD or another dealership. We have a 310RLS and the heat works great.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobgias View Post
    I would talk to GD or another dealership. We have a 310RLS and the heat works great.
    Thanks, there is another dealership in the area. I'll give them a call this morning to see what they say.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a heat pump? Air would be flowing from ceiling ducts. Furnace blows from floor ducts. If the furnace is lighting, you should be able to hear the flame. Second , you will feel a substantial amount of heat from the vent holes in the outside furnace cover.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Do you have a heat pump? Air would be flowing from ceiling ducts. Furnace blows from floor ducts. If the furnace is lighting, you should be able to hear the flame. Second , you will feel a substantial amount of heat from the vent holes in the outside furnace cover.
    We have the 4 Seasons package which lists the furnace as a 15K btu High Capacity Furnace

Yes, it is exhausting warm air from the vent holes outside of furnace cover, but its not overly hot. This exhaust air was far warmer then what was coming from the ducting near the floor. In ours, the only two places I could find in the main living area was under the dinette in the back and from the kitchen cabinet near the sink.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should also be vents in the bathroom behind the toilet (I think) also the bedroom floor and the pass thru storage area. The air coming out of the exterior vent is warmer then the air inside but give it a try ours works very well and keeps the trailer comfortable. We have been out a few times and the only problem we found so far is the lack of tall cabinets. There is no place to keep a broom, vacuum, or other tall item other then the closet in the bedroom. I am also hoping that the one A/C unit can keep the unit cool when it starts to warm up.