User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on RV Snap Pads Vs Anderson blocks

Had the Anderson blocks on my last rig and liked them. The downside is they take up a good amount of space. Was thinking on this new rig I would just get the RV Snap Pads. Would there be any situation where the Anderson would be a better option? The RV snap pads are not only more convenient but less money and obviously won’t take up any room in the pass through.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    Had the Anderson blocks on my last rig and liked them. The downside is they take up a good amount of space. Was thinking on this new rig I would just get the RV Snap Pads. Would there be any situation where the Anderson would be a better option? The RV snap pads are not only more convenient but less money and obviously won’t take up any room in the pass through.
    I have the pads. I also carry a bunch of wood blocks for when the ground isn't level. If you only want to carry one... You NEED blocks The pads are just a nice to have.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Andersen buckets, but they came with the trailer when we bought it. However, I really do like them. That being said, there's no real comparison between the Snap Pads and the Andersen buckets. The Snap Pads add no height, so you'll still need some kind of blocks if you want to shorten the extension of your legs, which I do. The Snap Pads add diameter, but no thickness to speak of. To me they're kind of an answer in search of a question.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Hoopy.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the lego blocks, rubber squares and wood blocks.

Depending on how level the site is front to rear, is going to depend on what goes where. If you put the buckets (which think are a joke) in the front and auto level dips down in the front and can't go far enough down, it error out.

The lego blocks were purchased for the huge pickup camper we had back almost 20 years ago. The rubber stall mat is from under the pickup camper in the bed of the truck. I cut to 1 ft squares. The 2 x4's are scrap from something around the stick house.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, you've got 6 pieces of wood, 2 camco blocks, and a rubber mat that are about as tall as the Andersen blocks. I'll take the Andersen buckets.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    We use the lego blocks, rubber squares and wood blocks.

Depending on how level the site is front to rear, is going to depend on what goes where. If you put the buckets (which think are a joke) in the front and auto level dips down in the front and can't go far enough down, it error out.

The lego blocks were purchased for the huge pickup camper we had back almost 20 years ago. The rubber stall mat is from under the pickup camper in the bed of the truck. I cut to 1 ft squares. The 2 x4's are scrap from something around the stick house.

KEN
    Yes
    But my setup is adjustable.
    I look at a little bubble level and then decide how much to put where.

Our Solitude is big and heavy. I have heard of the buckets breaking or collapsing under big loads.

KEN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have them, but think the snap pads would be great if you only camp in well prepared sites. And a lot of people do that.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Yes
    But my setup is adjustable.
    I look at a little bubble level and then decide how much to put where.

Our Solitude is big and heavy. I have heard of the buckets breaking or collapsing under big loads.

KEN
    I've heard of them having issues, but not seen any myself. I don't use a bubble level since I have the Auto Level. I use the blocks to shorten the amount the legs need to extend. That seems to make the trailer feel more solid. I did have issues with the Andersen buckets, and the legs stroking out the first few times I used them, but now I raise the front higher before I hit Auto Level, and the issue seems to have resolved itself. The buckets travel in the bed of the truck and they're an easy grab to get, and magnetic so I don't have to mess with positioning them.
    Howard and Peggy

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I don't have them, but think the snap pads would be great if you only camp in well prepared sites. And a lot of people do that.
    But they don't do anything to keep the legs from extending so much. IMO the less leg extension, the less trailer wiggle. And they sure aren't cheap.
    Howard and Peggy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast