User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Need to replace my Lippert "SmartJack" tongue jack...

2017 Imagine 2670MK
    Waiting on the official response from GD, but I assume I am out of warranty. And from other sources, it appears my Lippert "SmartJack" doesn't have parts available. It's all or nothing to replace.
    Clear membrane that protects the switches was literally torn off by wind while towing. Amazingly I found the pieces, and it's all sealed back on with clear tape. So the jack does currently operate. But I don't expect that to have a very long life.
    ​​​​​​​
    So now beginning to shop. Any recommended replacements?

The wish list:
    Durability/weather proofness
    Cannot damage by over extending/retracting
    Faster up and down (but controllable for that last little bump to get exactly level)
    Quieter
    I liked the idea of return to a preset height, not that I could ever get my current one to actually remember anything....

First two wishes are mandatory. The others..well, it's a jack. How fancy does it really need to be?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sande..did you get any response on this? I had the same issue with my Lippert SmartJack. There was a known issue with this membrane coming off and actually generated a recall because water could get in and cause the jack to deploy while towing! Check with your dealer to see if yours if covered by the recall. Or contact Lippert direct.