User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member from the North Oregon Coast

We haven't purchased our TT yet, but are really interested in the GD Imagine 2500RL or 2600RB. I joined this forum to get information before making a purchase and I'm glad I did!! I've gained so much knowledge over the past week about towing a TT and I'm looking forward to gaining even more knowledge as time goes on. Hopefully with my experience in the automotive industry I can contribute as well.

I do have a question concerning WHD. There are many of them out there and I'm aware of the the ones that most of you recommend. I'm considering the ProPride 3P because, with our choice of trailers, we will be almost at our towing capacity. I've watched all the videos and read all the reviews and even traded a few emails with Sean. There are a couple of things I'm having trouble with. (1) the 3k price tag which is 3 times what some of the others cost and (2) how am I going to get this hooked up to my trailer when I go pick it up? After watching this installation video it appears that the initial installation could take a couple of hours. One other member had mentioned that the dealer's shop would not touch the installation. I don't want to buy another unit such as the Weigh Safe or Blue Ox and then wish I had just purchased the 3P to begin with.

Cheers!
    Chuck

2021 Ford F-150 SCrew 4x4 3.5L EB
    2500RL or 2600RB purchase soon
    Last edited by CMeth54; 02-26-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly can't help with the coin but...

Do you have any idea how far away the Dealer you are going to use is from your home? In other words, how far is your first drive.
    Do you feel comfortable in setting up the hitch? in other words, are you inclined mechanically to do this or must you rely strictly on the Dealer?

The reason I ask is that if your drive isn't too far and you have a confidence level that is high that you can make the needed adjustments to fine tune the hitch once you have the TT loaded then get it set up using your best guess and fine tune it at your house. I'm guessing even though it is a very expensive hitch, it isn't "set it, forget it" the very first time.

Ask the members here with the model you finally choose for dimensions needed to initially setup the hitch and start from there. You or the Dealer will not get it perfect right out of the box but probably close enough to get it home.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMeth54 View Post
    We haven't purchased our TT yet, but are really interested in the GD Imagine 2500RL or 2600RB. I joined this forum to get information before making a purchase and I'm glad I did!! I've gained so much knowledge over the past week about towing a TT and I'm looking forward to gaining even more knowledge as time goes on. Hopefully with my experience in the automotive industry I can contribute as well.

I do have a question concerning WHD. There are many of them out there and I'm aware of the the ones that most of you recommend. I'm considering the ProPride 3P because, with our choice of trailers, we will be almost at our towing capacity. I've watched all the videos and read all the reviews and even traded a few emails with Sean. There are a couple of things I'm having trouble with. (1) the 3k price tag which is 3 times what some of the others cost and (2) how am I going to get this hooked up to my trailer when I go pick it up? After watching this installation video it appears that the initial installation could take a couple of hours. One other member had mentioned that the dealer's shop would not touch the installation. I don't want to buy another unit such as the Weigh Safe or Blue Ox and then wish I had just purchased the 3P to begin with.

Cheers!
    Chuck

2021 Ford F-150 SCrew 4x4 3.5L EB
    2500RL or 2600RB purchase soon
    Where is the dealer?

Close by?

This is how I feel as well. I could install it myself but would rather be at home to do it and not in a dealers yard

If it is close by you could always get a friend with a bigger truck. Everyone has a friend or a friend of a friend that has a 1 ton
    Pay him to take some time to pick it up after you do the walk through and paper work
    A one ton and even some 3/4 tons wouldn’t need a wdh to tow it
    He likely wouldn’t even charge you

If it is far you could always rent a HD truck

Good luck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Certainly can't help with the coin but...

Do you have any idea how far away the Dealer you are going to use is from your home? In other words, how far is your first drive.
    Do you feel comfortable in setting up the hitch? in other words, are you inclined mechanically to do this or must you rely strictly on the Dealer?

The reason I ask is that if your drive isn't too far and you have a confidence level that is high that you can make the needed adjustments to fine tune the hitch once you have the TT loaded then get it set up using your best guess and fine tune it at your house. I'm guessing even though it is a very expensive hitch, it isn't "set it, forget it" the very first time.

Ask the members here with the model you finally choose for dimensions needed to initially setup the hitch and start from there. You or the Dealer will not get it perfect right out of the box but probably close enough to get it home.

I am very mechanically inclined. Been wrenching on cars etc... all my life. I have no problem fitting this up myself if I have all my tools with me but it is a bit complicated and I wasn't sure if the dealer would allow me to do this at his facility, since first time will probably take me a while to figure it all out. My drive from the dealer is about 80 miles and about half of that is through the coast range mountains. I thought that maybe I could just tow it home without a WDH and then install it at home, but that kind of makes me uneasy. Another option would be to take it a few miles down the road to a place that sells and installs truck hitches and other accessories.

I guess the other thing is how many of you think this hitch is really worth the 3k. I know from reviews those who have them love them, but is it really worth that or are the lower priced hitches just as safe? It doesn't seem like too many members on here are running them.
    Last edited by CMeth54; 02-26-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Where is the dealer?

Close by?

This is how I feel as well. I could install it myself but would rather be at home to do it and not in a dealers yard

If it is close by you could always get a friend with a bigger truck. Everyone has a friend or a friend of a friend that has a 1 ton
    Pay him to take some time to pick it up after you do the walk through and paper work
    A one ton and even some 3/4 tons wouldn’t need a wdh to tow it
    He likely wouldn’t even charge you

If it is far you could always rent a HD truck

Good luck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew

Yeah, that's always an idea!! Thanks!!