User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat feature has stopped working in the theater seats.

We have a Solitude 372WB and the heat feature in our Thomas Payne reclining chairs has stopped working. We haven't even had the coach for 2 years so it seems a bit early for this to happen. We have the extended warranty but we live in it full time so taking it in for service is a challenge and I was hoping there might be a suggestion for a fix we can do on our own?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crayner View Post
    We have a Solitude 372WB and the heat feature in our Thomas Payne reclining chairs has stopped working. We haven't even had the coach for 2 years so it seems a bit early for this to happen. We have the extended warranty but we live in it full time so taking it in for service is a challenge and I was hoping there might be a suggestion for a fix we can do on our own?

Not sure this will help, but in our unit one of the vibrators didn’t work. To investigate I had to remove the #2 screws from the front recliner seat track that holds them to the floor to flip both recliners forward so I could get behind them. After some wire identification I found that the vibrator that didn’t work had a crimp in the wire which broke contact. Spliced and taped and all is good. In my case I at least had one seat that vibrated so I could use the good wire to plug the non-working one into.

Check to make sure the outlet is working and a fuse didn’t get tripped? If you flip the recliners over also make sure none of the wires were disconnected by accident. If all else fails it’s possible the small control box where the wires plug into under the seat has gone bad.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm betting its the little black control box with the green light on it. One of mine was bad and none of the recliner functions would work even though the green power light was on. Apparently they go bad inside and power doesn't go through it. My dealer was able to find one and install it for me and all is good. Those boxes are hot all the time when plugged in to shore power so I unplug them from the wall in storage. I was told it's a fairly common problem.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Solitude 372WB and the heat feature in our Thomas Payne reclining chairs has stopped working.
    This happened to us on both of our Solitudes when they were just a few months old. The first time, Lippert sent us a new recliner. This last time they sent a replacement heating element which I haven't installed yet. I'd contact Lippert. If it's not under warranty, you can buy a replacement heating element. I think they are under $50.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a plug in transformer go bad in my 16' Momentum. No lights, heat or massage.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we picked out unit up during the overnight test stay one of ours has the massage not work. The technician removed the anchor screws, flipped the unit forward and found one of the cables came out of the control module. Plugged it in and all good.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My heat quit working and I found a wire had broken under the seat (very tiny wires.) The wire was too short so sitting in the seat was pulling on the wire. I spliced in some length, now OK.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, don't have a suggestion for a fix, but "my" side of the recliners stopped heating about 1 year in. The heat still works on the the other side. We haven't really tried to figure out what's wrong, but will one day. In the meantime, I have an electric lap blanket I use.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Reflection, the vibrate function quit after about two months. Dealer didn't even look at it, just ordered a new recliner. Said they aren't serviceable. Whatever, it's working now.
    This was when unit was new.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion