Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12V power in storage compartment

Is there any simple way to get 12V in the storage compartment at the front of a 261BH? By simple, I mean something I can hook up with basically no modifications in just a few minutes. I'm planning to pick up our trailer in just over a week, and I am going to install the TPMS before we leave to come home, but the booster needs 12V. I suppose I could just toss it on the bed and use one of the 12V sockets, but if I can easily make it work in the storage compartment, that's where I'd like to put it. I won't be at home with any tools though, so it's gotta be simple
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The light would be the easy place.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Splice into the wire leading to the light. If it’s just temporary I would use a 12 volt socket in the interior till you create a permanent place.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what brand of TPMS you bought, but on my new TireMinder the booster came with alligator clips. I put them in the front compartment of my 5th wheel by the batts, but on your TT can't you just put it on the frame near the batteries? Mine recommends installation outside the rig anyway, although I didn't due to others experiences. YMMV & Regards
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    Don't know what brand of TPMS you bought, but on my new TireMinder the booster came with alligator clips. I put them in the front compartment of my 5th wheel by the batts, but on your TT can't you just put it on the frame near the batteries? Mine recommends installation outside the rig anyway, although I didn't due to others experiences. YMMV & Regards
    I do plan on a more permanent install at a later date!
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    I got the Lippert system. Seemed the most competitively priced option that works with an app on my phone rather than a display in the truck. The docs recommended putting the module in the storage area near the front of the trailer.

It's just bare wires, so I ordered a power plug that I can splice together and then I'll just plug it into the socket by the bed. Once I get home I'll do a prettier install in the storage compartment.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5