User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, not one thread on the Transcend xplor 221RB

Looking for pros and cons on this camper? The closest dealer with a 221RB in stock is 100 miles away. Though We have a local dealer which caries the Grand Design lines. We plan to have the local dealer order a rig specially for us, so we can utilize any warranty work needed, close to where we live. Thanks for your thoughts. Tomm in Lakeland FL.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Explor line is still a rather new line.

That said, the 221 was the first model out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10sne1 Update!!

10sne1 id you ever purchase the 221RB?

We picked our 2020 up this past July. We were looking to downsize from a 2013 30' Springdale, we didn't need quit that much room even though we loved the large side window to overlook the campsite but we wanted a better bathroom layout and larger bedroom. We were also wanted less camper to make getting into some campsites easier. When we saw this unit it was what we were looking for. We are ok with the tin and it being entry level, we're pretty simply, it had heat, ac, a reclining couch and room for a 40" TV we couldn't ask for much more.

As far as the build quality goes its pretty decent, its still a camper. To this point the only issues we've had were identified on our walk thru and they were minimal at that, a couple of scratched cupboard doors, some poorly applied exterior decals and a piece of seam/joint tape when you walk into the bedroom. With any luck that will be all that we have to deal with. This summer didn't afford us as much time as we would have liked in it but here's hoping next year will be a different story and we can put some miles on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190907_173510.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	22904

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there was only 1 or 2 Transcends at thr rally. Not many out in the real world yet
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I think there was only 1 or 2 Transcends at thr rally. Not many out in the real world yet
    Wow you aren't kidding! We own a Transcend 26RLS (our first RV) that we picked up on May 1, 2019. So far we've camped in NY (up state and Long Island), PA, NH, MA, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We've towed our trailer just under 3900 miles and we've camped in a total of 11 camp grounds. So far we've only seen one other Transcend trailer and that one was parked in someone's driveway a near one of the campgrounds were we stayed!

Unfortunately I don't know much about the Xplor-221RBbut I can talk about our experience with the Transcend line in general. We've had only a few issues with it and all but one I fixed. We discovered a cracked strut in top of the storage compartment that I glued back into place and put another piece of wood next to it just in case. The water feed to the bathroom sink loosened up and dripped a bit. It just needed to be tightened up. After arriving at Green Lake State park my wife noticed bulge in the floor, like a bolt came loose. So we called GD and they referred us to Meyers RV store (20 minutes away) and they fixed it in less than a half hour. Other than that we've not had a single issue.

Everything in the trailer has worked perfectly. While in Gettysburg is was in the 90's and the AC unit had no issue keeping the trailer cool. The trailer also seems to be well insulated like they claim. While in Canada it got chilly a couple nights (down to about 40-45 degrees) and all we needed to keep the trailer warm was a tiny electric heater my wife used to have under her desk at work. We'd run it for a few minutes then turn it off because it got too hot. On a couple of occasions it was chilly in the camper when we woke up, so we turned on the propane heater and we were toasty in no time. We taken showers with the water heater on electric and propane and both way made plenty of hot water. We did change out the shower head with one that had a much more flexible hose. The frig seems to work fine as well, but I did install a computer case fan into the frig and tie wrapped it to the one of the wire shelves.

As for dislikes, we have a couple, my wife isn't crazy about the "look" of the linoleum flooring and I don't like the bathroom sink (it needs to be bigger). Otherwise we absolutely love our trailer. We were originally looking at the Imagine 2600RB until we saw the Transcend 26RLS, we just loved its layout.
    The Transcend may be GDs less expensive line, but it still meets GD quality and build standards.
    So in my opinion, if you like the layout of the Xplor-221RB then go for it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love hearing the feed back on Transcend. My son is interested in the Xplor and there really isn't a whole lot out there to read on it. The 221 is what he's eyeing. Funny thing about the 221, it is that is close to the floor plan of our first Travel Trailer minus a large wardrobe in the bathroom
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been on the forum for a long time but thought I would chime in here. Many years ago we had a larger 5th wheel which we used for longer stays and a small travel trailer that we tripped from coast to coast with. That worked great for us at the time but we settled at a lake in the state and was offered a bunch of money for the smaller tt (an Arctic Fox.) In 2014 I bought one of the first 303RLS to come off the line and really liked it. I still do but we have pretty much turned it into a lake house for the last 4 years. It's decked in on a permanent site. My wife and I were talking some time back about how much we enjoyed traveling in the smaller trailer so I looked online at our favorite dealership and really liked the look of the 221RB. We needed some modifications so piddled around at the dealership for about a month before bringing it home. We have now made two trips within the state and are very satisfied with it. Everything works as it should. We changed out the 13K AC for a 15K, added vent covers, installed drawers under the bed, changed the shower hose, added a TPMS I had, and added an electric tongue jack. I think we have it the way we want it now. I don't care for the small bathroom sink but had only one real gripe about Grand Design's build. The linoleum floors have splotches of wood stain all over it and they won't come up. I don't really see it because we put a large rug on the living room floor (but I know it's there.) Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the trailer. It fits the small remote sites I like to camp at much better than the 303.
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late up date, posted elsewhere we ended up getting a 2150RB, enjoying it. Though need to make more time to get out.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the 2150RB!! We looked it as well, we liked the additional storage it had over the 221RB but we preferred the recliner couch in the 221RB we looked at and most importantly the price fit what we wanted to spend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MBF, ours has recliners and priced like a stick and Aluminum as it was a 2019. We were looking at the explor, but could not fine any within 150 miles.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast