User Tag List

Thread: Rig weight.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rig weight.

I have what may be a stupid question, The factory tag on the front of the fifth wheel that shows the weights. Are those numbers a reflection of whaat the weight of the trailer is with the factory options installed as in the on board generator?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    I have what may be a stupid question, The factory tag on the front of the fifth wheel that shows the weights. Are those numbers a reflection of whaat the weight of the trailer is with the factory options installed as in the on board generator?
    If it's installed by the factory, yes, if by the dealer, no.

The coach is weighed at the factory, after everything is assembled. If the generator or another A/C unit is installed by the dealer, that number is not changed, by NTSB rules. You will have to go weight the coach at a CAT scale to get the true empty weight.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    If you bought the unit new....or even if you bought it used and the previous owners saved the zippered pouch full of paperwork for the installed equipment, there was/is a weight sheet from Grand Design that shows the actual weights as built. You may want to check your paperwork in that pouch and see if it's still in there....if you have it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to the info above, the weight and capacities sticker on the RV states the gross vehicle weight ratings (GVWR) and has nothing to do with what the RV actually weighs. The only way to find that out is to run it across the CAT scales.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    To add to the info above, the weight and capacities sticker on the RV states the gross vehicle weight ratings (GVWR) and has nothing to do with what the RV actually weighs. The only way to find that out is to run it across the CAT scales.

Rob
    Don't think you are right... UVW is also on the sticker which agrees with the "Vehicle Weight Information Sheet" included with the vehicle as it left the factory.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRedmond View Post
    Don't think you are right... UVW is also on the sticker which agrees with the "Vehicle Weight Information Sheet" included with the vehicle as it left the factory.
    I stand corrected and you are right! (Though I did not check my sticker against the weight sheet that came with the trailer.)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015