User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    Boy oh boy. When I get to the point that I can't wait 10 seconds for hot water to get to the faucet I'm using in my RV or someone can't schedule their shower or dish washing so the availability of hot water isn't a problem, I'm just going to stay home because I will have become too spoiled.
    Actually, the tankless heater doesn't get the hot water to the faucet any faster than the normal water tank heater.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    Actually, the tankless heater doesn't get the hot water to the faucet any faster than the normal water tank heater.
    So the only advantage would be that you can't run our of hot water? We've never run out of hot water with a normal hot water tank anyway. My wife showers, I wait 15 minutes. I shower, my wife waits 15 minutes to wash dishes. No big deal. We don't have a washing machine so there's no need or want for a tankless system.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    So the only advantage would be that you can't run our of hot water? We've never run out of hot water with a normal hot water tank anyway. My wife showers, I wait 15 minutes. I shower, my wife waits 15 minutes to wash dishes. No big deal. We don't have a washing machine so there's no need or want for a tankless system.
    I can't say that we have ever run out of water in the RV either but our usage is pretty limited.
    Some full-timers might see an advantage, though.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all of the replies! As huntr70 said, it seems to be standard on all reflections now per our dealer.
    For us, this is not a deal breaker....but it is disappointing that we will not have electric as an option.

We really like the 337 and feel like it is the unit for us based on over a year of research, so I am taking the following approach.
    We will give the tankless unit a shot and see how it does. After several years, if we are not happy with its operation, we could swap out to a regular water heater.
    I would not think that anything about the space would be different.....and we would have 12v, gas, and the same plumbing.

Appreciate all of the input from everyone!

Working on negotiating price and coordinating an upgrade to disk brakes on the 337.
    Hope to be at a campground in late May!
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, Reese 16K Goosebox, B&W ball with factory Ford Puck system
    2019 F350 Powerstroke Lariat, SRW, 4WD, 3.55, 6.75' bed, GVWR 11,500# Payload 3342#

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thanks for chiming in, Steve. I will reiterate that, as full-timers, gas-only would be a deal-breaker for us.

Rob
    X2.....we rarely use LP like maybe less than 5% of the time. Our rates at campgrounds are fixed - they do not meter for and charge for electric use. It would make no sense to use LP in these scenarios.

Steve @huntr70 - I am quite surprised at this decision by GDRV. It would be interesting to learn more on this decision. It seems to not be a positive move.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 03-01-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if these tankless units will also be on the reflection travel trailers? Thank you

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currently have an on demand hot water tank for our Park Model, and wouldn’t live without it. I’ve been doing research for a unit for my new trailer as well and found that while the time it takes for the hot water to move from the tank to the taps (the whole unit) is about the same as our Park model, the one thing I did find is that there “could be” an issue when boondocking, depending upon the pressure your water pump provides. I’ve read, re-read and read again all the pros and cons, and after experiencing the on demand world in the Park Model, would never got back to a hot water tank...ever. Not only does it free up space in your unit, ours works amazingly well and it’s a blessing to have an unlimited supply of hot water when connected to city water and you need it. Like others, I don’t know how well the RV units work, but I would be more than willing to have Grand Design come in and put one in my 2021 Transcend 200MK trailer for a test run. I just wish they had picked the Transcend along with the Reflections to start with...They’ve already gone full on solar or electric only with the fridges, my guess is it won’t be long before you won’t be able to order or buy any unit GD makes with an actual tank. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really depends on several factors. I understand it all depends on water flow, not pressure. We would never own one, but my brother's new Cedar Creek came with one and they were very excited...Until they found that they could not wash dishes without the temperature changing constantly. Even when at a park with full-hookups their showers would be great and all of the sudden they would get cold for a while. When dry camping the hot water almost never kicked on unless the faucet was on full. After about 5 or 6 outings they had a 12 gallon gas/elec installed (no charge) and have never looked back...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect your speculation is accurate.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GonOuttaHere View Post
    I suspect your speculation is accurate.
    Forum hint: If you use the "Reply With Quote" (next to "Reply") as I have here, everyone will know to whom you are replying and that person will get a notification.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast