User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so very much... I appreciate your response and suggestions... based on a couple of replies, it seems like I may just have a "bad" unit.... most folks are saying that they indeed to have continuous warm/hot water.... so I have reached out to our dealer as well as to Furrion to see what they say and how to take care of the situation.... I did NOT have time to try setting the PSI to 45... (based on what I saw recommended for the RV was 40 PSI)... and we did have it set for 124F... so will proceed with whatever the dealer says as well as Furrion.... just hate the thought of having to haul it in to get it fixed/replaced... since we have trips scheduled... but will do whatever to "make the wife happy" with the shower temp.... LOL

Thanks again for the reply

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on Furrion Tankless Heater... just got back from another short trial run to a campground. Set the water pressure to 45 PSI... tankless heater worked very well and maintained hot water... and it did not revert back to cold. So am assuming that water pressure makes the difference in the operation of the tankless heater. Good to know! (Yes, it takes longer to get hot water to the kitchen... but understand why... as it has to purge the ambient temp water from the line before it reaches the kitchen)
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are camping now for the first time. i try to keep the water pressure under 50psi...and keep the hot water set to 124 degrees.. It works fantastic...and in my opinion uses less gas. But my wife and I dont take 30 min showers either.
    And we just turn the unit off during the day.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohertycm View Post
    We are camping now for the first time. i try to keep the water pressure under 50psi...and keep the hot water set to 124 degrees.. It works fantastic...and in my opinion uses less gas. But my wife and I dont take 30 min showers either.
    And we just turn the unit off during the day.
    Ditto - As mentioned on a previous post we were very surprised at the small amount of gas actually used for showers. I kept a constant watch with the WIFI tank monitors.

Dutchman2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Update on Furrion Tankless Heater... just got back from another short trial run to a campground. Set the water pressure to 45 PSI... tankless heater worked very well and maintained hot water... and it did not revert back to cold. So am assuming that water pressure makes the difference in the operation of the tankless heater. Good to know! (Yes, it takes longer to get hot water to the kitchen... but understand why... as it has to purge the ambient temp water from the line before it reaches the kitchen)
    Glad to hear things worked out! As to your last point, this would be true of a tanked water heater as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Scubasteve78,
    We have had our 2021 337RLS out only once so far and had reservations with the tankless gas heater as we have had the gas/elect unit in the past TT. We were pleasantly surprised and happy not to run out of hot water. We will see about the gas usage over time. In about 15-20 seconds you had endless hot water. No complaints at this point. I did add propane wireless level monitors to both tanks. I can now stay on top of propane levels closer that I did before with the Gas/Electric design.

Dutchman2
    Very interested in exactly what propane wireless level monitors you installed... I want to do the same.... please reply with make/model and ease of installation...

Also, to chime in here... our 2021 337RLS came with the tankless water heater... the only issue I had (as I am an RV newbie) is that I had my water regulator set to 40 PSI... and through this forum, I found that that was my issue with not having a steady stream of hot water... not enough pressure!... once I kicked the regulator up to 45-50 PSI, I have had zero issues... wife is very happy with hot water!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interested in exactly what propane wireless level monitors you installed... I want to do the same.... please reply with make/model and ease of installation...

Also, to chime in here... our 2021 337RLS came with the tankless water heater... the only issue I had (as I am an RV newbie) is that I had my water regulator set to 40 PSI... and through this forum, I found that that was my issue with not having a steady stream of hot water... not enough pressure!... once I kicked the regulator up to 45-50 PSI, I have had zero issues... wife is very happy with hot water!
    The wireless propane monitors are made by Mopeka and can be purchased directly from Amazon. The kit includes 2 tank sensors, 1 remote monitor, 6 clips and a free Bluetooth app.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cowboychincs
    As mentioned, we purchased the wireless propane monitors by Mopeka and can be purchased directly from Amazon. The kit includes 2 tank sensors, 1 remote monitor, 6 clips and a free Bluetooth app. Easy install just pull the tanks and install the wireless sensor on the bottom of the tanks and reinstall. Had to make sure the tank was sitting properly on the base. I came with an inside monitor that I mounted in the main control board area. Load the app on your phone and you have instant access to propane levels. Wireless range was good for about 100ft. Worked excellent for us so far. Battery replacement is also straight forward.

Dutchman2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone make a bug screen that fits this small exhaust opening on the tankless water heater? Pulled our 337RLS out of storage to fine the mud dobbers had cover up about a quarter of the opening on the inside. Made it tougher to clean out. Thinking of cutting a flat section out of one of the old half round style bug screens.

Dutchman2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought for everyone saying they let the park pay for their hot water... We full-time and stay for longer periods at each stop, so we frequently have to pay for electric along with our monthly rate for the RV park. This makes the decision about operating cost a bit different... I don't know if that's a very common situation, but we run into at least a handful of other people at each park doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh Ward
    2022 Momentum 395 MS-R, 8k axles
    2020 Ram 3500 4 door, DRW, 4wd, diesel, 4:10, Airlift bags, Reese 27k hitch

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast