User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Reflection with Furrion tankless water heater.

My wife and I traveled to Lazydays RV in Nashville today to look at the 337RLS that we think we have settled on.

While inspecting the bathroom, I noticed a digital gas water heater panel.

Upon inspection of all 7 Reflections onsite, they are all equipped with Furrion tankless hot water heaters.
    The build sheet does not have this as an upgrade option, so it looks like it is standard on all 2021 Reflections.

Now I am researching tankless heaters on RVs to see if I want to take on a first generation implementation like this.

Anyone else seen this? We finally settled on the Reflection and this was a surprise when looking in person.

Pictures attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0455.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	32385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0458.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	32386
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, Reese 16K Goosebox, B&W ball with factory Ford Puck system
    2019 F350 Powerstroke Lariat, SRW, 4WD, 3.55, 6.75' bed, GVWR 11,500# Payload 3342#

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also...Thinking thru the operation, I would assume that one would burn thru propane much faster using this option.
    I am researching, but I assume that gas is used to heat the water fast enough.
    If so, the option to use only electric for hot water is gone.

This looks to be the unit that Grand design is using, based on what I saw.
    https://furrion.com/products/2-4gpm-...s-water-heater
    Last edited by Scubasteve78; 02-27-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, Reese 16K Goosebox, B&W ball with factory Ford Puck system
    2019 F350 Powerstroke Lariat, SRW, 4WD, 3.55, 6.75' bed, GVWR 11,500# Payload 3342#

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Furrion's web site, you are correct in that it heats with gas:

https://furrion.com/products/2-4gpm-...ined-tech-spec

Theoretically, it should consume no more energy to heat water than a tank-type heater. The definition of a BTU is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. So, heating six gallons of water from 40 degrees to 140 degrees in a tank should take the same amount of energy as heating six gallons of water from 40 degrees to 140 degrees in a coil.

It's pure speculation, but installation of the Furrion heaters may be a supply and demand thing. The entire industry has had problems this past year getting components from vendors to complete units - including ACs, water heaters, toilets, and many other things. GD put Furrion ACs on units for a while because they couldn't get enough of the Coleman ACs. Only GD could tell us whether or not this is a permanent change-over. Personally as full-timers, I would not like it. We run the water heater on electric nearly all the time to minimize trips to get propane.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is now standard equipment on Reflections.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It is now standard equipment on Reflections.
    Thanks for chiming in, Steve. I will reiterate that, as full-timers, gas-only would be a deal-breaker for us.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thanks for chiming in, Steve. I will reiterate that, as full-timers, that gas-only would be a deal-breaker for us.

Rob
    That's interesting because I use mine on LP 99% of the time. We travel all over and dedicated 50 amp service isn't a guarantee. I'm anxious to see the actual burn rate on them since they will only fire when needed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about moving to a Fifth Wheel And the 337RLS. This would be a non starter for me also if this is a permanent change. I don't want to pay to heat water if Electric is included in my Rate. I almost never use propane to heat water.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big question I have is how will these hold up to hard water ? is there a descaler mode.. This makes having a water softener a must, whe we researched tankless heaters the one thing I took away was they have to be descaled (if I understood correctly) or they won't last long.

Is this for the kitchen hot water too?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for energy use, Rob is correct that the actual energy required for making hot water will be equal but there will be savings because there is no stand-by energy needed for the tankless water heater.
    I have a tankless heater in our seasonal residence. It quit after about 3 years use and I had to de-scale it to get it going.
    That's not a big issue, just pump some vinegar through it for a few hours but it's still another periodic maintenance task.
    The burn rate is 60,000 BTU's.
    We are like Steve, rarely use electricity for hot water - usually at gov't parks with no power.

2021 Reflection 303rls
    Gone - 2015 Glacier Peak
    2021 GMC AT4 Duramax 4X4 Standard Bed
    Gone - 2019 GMC Sierra Duramax 4X4 Standard Bed
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy oh boy. When I get to the point that I can't wait 10 seconds for hot water to get to the faucet I'm using in my RV or someone can't schedule their shower or dish washing so the availability of hot water isn't a problem, I'm just going to stay home because I will have become too spoiled.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast