Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Momentum 320 Ramp Question

I've got a 2020 M320G that has the ramp patio and metal/glass sliding doors to the garage. I'd be interested to know if most folks leave the ramp down at night or during rain events, or if they fold it all up during those incidences. I'm heading to Oklahoma for a week and then to Arkansas for a week and intend to use the patio full time in both locations. In the past I've been hesitant to leave my ramp down, particularly if I think it's going to rain. I worry about damage to the ramp floor if it gets wet. Thanks for any input.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always put ours up. Our 399 had sealant between the non-skid and metal framing, but our 398 doesn't. Even in our 399 we always put it up in the rain. I've seen people leave the ramp down, but I worry too much about water damage.

We do leave it open if the weather is nice, just keep an eye on the sky.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use ours a lot as a patio, and if we know in advance that it's going to rain/storm, we'll likely put the door up. But we've left it down at times, it just depends on how we're feeling. I've checked it out and it's caulked well, even the nuts and bolts are caulked well. So leakage shouldn't be a major issue. Our last toyhauler had ramp issues with deterioration, and we never left it down.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ramp is supposed to be water sealed/water proof. I will close the door if I know it is going to rain, as I do not trust it. In a good rainstorm, with the door closed, when I open it, a small amount of water seeps out. Dealer said its normal, but it makes me wonder.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles