User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I'm considering a new SD sometime in the future, and what confused me was the 5th Wheel hitch options.
    Seems like you pay extra for the puck system, only to pay more for an adapter of some sort, and then you are limited to certain hitches.
    Did I misunderstand all that?
    Why can't you just put old fashioned rails and a hitch on instead?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    You know, I'm considering a new SD sometime in the future, and what confused me was the 5th Wheel hitch options.
    Seems like you pay extra for the puck system, only to pay more for an adapter of some sort, and then you are limited to certain hitches.
    Can anyone provide some clarity?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you order the 5th wheel hitch options, you get both proprietary puck system and a gooseball hitch. There are many hitches made explicitly for the different manufacturers puck systems and, of course, many hitches that work with goose ball connections. I assume that the adapters are only for converting older rail mounts to the newer systems. The 5th wheel options mount below the bed with holes to access so the bed is clear when the hitch is removed which is an advantage to many.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that helps but, can one simply install industry standard rails and call it done?
    Dan and Rita

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that helps but, can one simply install industry standard rails and call it done?
    Sure you can. I have a buddy with a 2020 Ford F-250 that does not have the puck system, he put the rails on, and runs a Curt 5th wheel hitch.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again Grandesigner, I believe you can simply install ISR and use your existing equipment. If I RECALL before buying our new 2021 the beds without the puck system did'nt have puck holes with plugs in them, they looked like my 2000 SD CC SB. I knew I was going to use a autoslider hitch so I had the $500 option 53W 5th WHL PREP (PUCK SYS) installed. As everyone knows you can also buy an adaptor for the puck sysem to ISR hitch. Sorry for the confusion everybody but I started this thread because of the Lippert Turning Point Trailair pin box on my 2020 Grandesign 260RD which I would have liked to replaced with a gooseneck hitch. Besides voiding the frame warranty on my trailer (IF I AM CORRECT?) to my knowledge there are no such option for my trailer. I read in a different thead about a GEN-Y option coming soon for my trailer but talked with one of their techs and sent pics of my hitch bolt pattern and have either missed his reply or no reply after a couple of weeks. If you don't choose to use the option to move the rotation point of the TPT pin box then it seems there are not many options for hitches and none for pin boxes at this time. There are pics posted for the frame mounts of the GD 260RD and they are not like others as this model is designed to be pulled by half tons if needed. I did not buy mine for that purpose I bought it for the floor plan and length as my wife is the driver. MOTHER TRUCKER thanks all and I hope this heips if not respond and maybe someone will answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12