User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    No doubt about it. You can usually save a few $'s by financing through the dealership. When I bought my camper they claimed that I would have to hold the loan for 6 months. The interest on $30,000 over 6 months can cut deeply into any money saved so I immediately paid $25,000 on the loan and spent the next few months paying off the remaining 5k with very little interest.
    Smart move paying the bulk off quickly.

I think if you read the terms of the loan you would have found that there was no prepayment penalty and no requirement to keep it open for 6 months. The reason the dealer wanted you to keep the loan open was because they only get commission paid after loan is open for a period of time.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the only 'leverage' letting the salesperson know you have the cash, is that it's lets him/her know you have the ability to buy the trailer in question and not just wasting his/her time kicking tires so to speak. All the other points about financing making $$ for the dealership makes sense to me.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I’ve bought 62 new cars
    HOLY CRAP!!!....I mean...only 62 Jerry? Are you like 140 years old? lol

I've bought 6 new vehicles.......and 2 new trailers....I'm 56. I match one stat anyway.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smart move paying the bulk off quickly.

I think if you read the terms of the loan you would have found that there was no prepayment penalty and no requirement to keep it open for 6 months. The reason the dealer wanted you to keep the loan open was because they only get commission paid after loan is open for a period of time.
    I'm sure you are correct, but in fairness to the dealer I feel obligated to respect the terms of our agreement. I've done the same with autos, though they only wanted me to carry it for 3 months. I might question the 6 month requirement but it makes little difference.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!....I mean...only 62 Jerry? Are you like 140 years old? lol

I've bought 6 new vehicles.......and 2 new trailers....I'm 56. I match one stat anyway.
    Scott,

I just turned 74.

Sorry but I unintentionally misspoke. After recounting I see it was only 61 vehicles, not 62. Of those 61 there 3 that were replaced via Lemon Law, a 1999 Ford Bravada, a 2020 Ford Expedition and most recently a 2019 F350. Another where a lemon Law was filed, 2019 Nissan Leaf, but it was totaled before it was finalized. Was T-boned by a meth head with no insurance, revoked license and expired tags.

Plus we’ve owned multiple motorcycles, the 2 RVs, UTVs, golf carts and a few airplanes.

At one point in 2016 we owned 4 homes. Now down to 2 homes, 4 car/trucks, 1 UTV and 1 RV.

The good news is only one wife since 1969. I found a good one back then that puts up with me.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I would have recorded my interaction with the finance guy.

Scott,

I just turned 74.

Sorry but I unintentionally misspoke. After recounting I see it was only 61 vehicles, not 62. Of those 61 there 3 that were replaced via Lemon Law, a 1999 Ford Bravada, a 2020 Ford Expedition and most recently a 2019 F350. Another where a lemon Law was filed, 2019 Nissan Leaf, but it was totaled before it was finalized. Was T-boned by a meth head with no insurance, revoked license and expired tags.

Plus we’ve owned multiple motorcycles, the 2 RVs, UTVs, golf carts and a few airplanes.

At one point in 2016 we owned 4 homes. Now down to 2 homes, 4 car/trucks, 1 UTV and 1 RV.

The good news is only one wife since 1969. I found a good one back then that puts up with me.
    You were “unimpressed” by a sales guy “bragging”?

Umm. Okay. I feel the same

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    You were “unimpressed” by a sales guy “bragging”?

Umm. Okay. I feel the same

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Touché. Point received.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel guilty with my purchase. Drove 2 hours out of state to get the price I wanted all over the phone. Mentioned the warranty one time and it was almost like it was only because he had to. Called them back a week after pick up to let them know the coil hose and tpms was missing, the hose was shipped and received the next day and the tpms arrived from GD in 4 days. I will for sure be accumulating any warranty work and will for sure drive back for their service

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345