User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tpms and rear camera observation

Anyone have recommendations for these two systems they like, have and feel are accurate and durable. I read all the bad reviews about wireless cameras that can't give good signals at high speeds, above 55mph. I have an F350 and Ford has its own systems but you can't watch the camera in motion and the Tpms only reads to 110psi which is no good. My Westlakes also say 110psi cold but that means 125psi in the summer on roads in Texas. Seemed to high to me so I lowered mine to 113psi hot?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for these two systems they like, have and feel are accurate and durable. I read all the bad reviews about wireless cameras that can't give good signals at high speeds, above 55mph. I have an F350 and Ford has its own systems but you can't watch the camera in motion and the Tpms only reads to 110psi which is no good. My Westlakes also say 110psi cold but that means 125psi in the summer on roads in Texas. Seemed to high to me so I lowered mine to 113psi hot?

My 350 is a '14 so didn't have that option. I've used a Tire Traker on my RV and ha been happy with it.

On pressure, you always want to set them cold, and I always inflate mine to the max sidewall pressure. My RV tires take 125 psi cold and it is not unusual to see pressures of 135-140 when going down the road with tire temps running 20-30 degrees higher than the ambient temperature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an F350 and Ford has its own systems but you can't watch the camera in motion and the Tpms only reads to 110psi which is no good. My Westlakes also say 110psi cold but that means 125psi in the summer on roads in Texas. Seemed to high to me so I lowered mine to 113psi hot?

You did not say what year Ford you have. I have a 2017 F-350 and have the Ford camera & TPMS. The TPMS will read well above 110 PSI (that is the max COLD setting). I saw 130 PSI on my trailer tires earlier this week. On the camera, well I am still fighting trying to get it to work reliably, but when it does, it will only work at low speed (below 5 or 12 MPH?) and when the truck is in reverse. Again, this is on my 2017.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok cool. I will get the tpms then. Mine is a 2018.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function on the forum, you'll find that these two topics have been discussed many times.

One should never bleed off tire pressure when hot. If they were at the proper inflation pressure cold, the pressure will increase with the heat of running - and they should be left that way. The sidewalls become more pliable at higher temps and need the extra pressure to keep them stiff. Lowering the pressure could cause the tire to overheat from flexing and fail.

We use a TireMinder A1A system with four sensors for the trailer and six for the truck. I've been very happy with it and the system saved us a lot of damage to the trailer when we picked up a piece of rebar in a tire.

We have the Furrion rear monitor (higher sampling rate) on the RV. It's worked fine but I recently saw images that another forum member posted of a different system and the they were much better than the Furrion. Here's a link to that thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ghlight=camera

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virtually all topics on all automotive forum's have already been covered. As new members come in and new products come out and old products get more reviews you have to revisit topics.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to the ford accessories website and look up the system for a 2017+ it states the sensors are good for 125 psi cold.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeRoy View Post
    If you go to the ford accessories website and look up the system for a 2017+ it states the sensors are good for 125 psi cold.
    Which is actually still too loud. I read 126 on the way home from Florida and it was only 90 outside. Once it's above 100 here in Texas the freeways are 125.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is actually still too loud. I read 126 on the way home from Florida and it was only 90 outside. Once it's above 100 here in Texas the freeways are 125.

I am sure they will read way way more than 125. It states 125 COLD, which will be ambient temperature whatever that is at the time. So they should read much more when hot or heated up above ambient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m looking for a product that prob isn’t designed yet - a monitor that displays wireless observation camera from 40’ away and can be toggled to display the trailer’s TPMS. Only want 1 monitor on mydash, and refuse to use my dumbphone.
    Last edited by mbergthold; 11-22-2020 at 06:49 PM.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast