User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I would have recorded my interaction with the finance guy.

It seemed like it took 30+ minutes for me to finally get him to stop trying to sell me an extended warranty. I must have said no like 50 times.
    I was buying a Momentum 25G

I think the price of the warranty was cut in half by the end of it.

He asked me what I would do if I had a flat and didn't have their tire warranty. I told him that I would put on the spare tire and buy a new tire from a tire store. He told me my trailer didn't have a spare. At the time, I didn't know this was BS, but there is a spare tire under the trailer.

He also told me that the trailer would look faded and chalky in one year if I didn't get their UV protection. UV protection sounds like a good idea, but I would be surprised if one year in the Texas sun would make my trailer look old and faded.

A few days after getting my trailer home, I realized that the electrical outlets in the kitchen were not working. I called the dealer to see about bringing it in for repairs and they told me they had a spot 4 months in the future. After informing them that it was a week old, they agreed to let me drop it off in a week. It took them 32 days to do the 1.5 hours of work that it took to fix the wiring issue. I will do my best to not have to return to the dealer in the future, so I'm really glad that I didn't buy a warranty that would require me to wait 4-5 months to get something fixed.

Everything seems fine with the trailer now.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats horrible service on a brand new unit.....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One hundred percent why I shopped my best price and drove 1300 km
    I will never see my dealer again
    When I bought my Jayco I drove to Pennsylvania to get the best price
    Likely would have driven directly to Indiana this time if the border was open but got a great price

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a pos, feel sorry for those who fall for his bs.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    Wow thats horrible service on a brand new unit.....
    I agree 100% and to lie about not having a spare. I would put a complaint to GD. I might not do anything but maybe if you need warranty repair in the future GD might agree to send you a mobile tech.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN1 View Post
    I will do my best to not have to return to the dealer in the future, so I'm really glad that I didn't buy a warranty that would require me to wait 4-5 months to get something fixed.

It’s my understanding that GD may allow you to get warranty work done at other authorized RV repair shops including dealers, even if they don’t sell GD. The one exception is GD will not authorize work done at Camping World.

Look for a reputable RV repair shop close to you then call GD’s CS and ask if they will authorize warranty work in the future through them.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I agree 100% and to lie about not having a spare. I would put a complaint to GD. I might not do anything but maybe if you need warranty repair in the future GD might agree to send you a mobile tech.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Definitely report to GD!!
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    It’s my understanding that GD may allow you to get warranty work done at other authorized RV repair shops including dealers, even if they don’t sell GD. The one exception is GD will not authorize work done at Camping World.

Look for a reputable RV repair shop close to you then call GD’s CS and ask if they will authorize warranty work in the future through them.
    Having had work done at Camping World ( on my older Jayco)....I commend them on that.... lol
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post

This is true as if the dealer is unreasonable in its time they will authorize, even for warranty work
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN1 View Post
    It seemed like it took 30+ minutes for me to finally get him to stop trying to sell me an extended warranty. I must have said no like 50 times.
    I was buying a Momentum 25G

I think the price of the warranty was cut in half by the end of it.

He asked me what I would do if I had a flat and didn't have their tire warranty. I told him that I would put on the spare tire and buy a new tire from a tire store. He told me my trailer didn't have a spare. At the time, I didn't know this was BS, but there is a spare tire under the trailer.

He also told me that the trailer would look faded and chalky in one year if I didn't get their UV protection. UV protection sounds like a good idea, but I would be surprised if one year in the Texas sun would make my trailer look old and faded.

A few days after getting my trailer home, I realized that the electrical outlets in the kitchen were not working. I called the dealer to see about bringing it in for repairs and they told me they had a spot 4 months in the future. After informing them that it was a week old, they agreed to let me drop it off in a week. It took them 32 days to do the 1.5 hours of work that it took to fix the wiring issue. I will do my best to not have to return to the dealer in the future, so I'm really glad that I didn't buy a warranty that would require me to wait 4-5 months to get something fixed.

He admitted the trailer was so poorly built it severely needed an extended warranty. Also, that the tires were so bad one could expect a flat, and that the exterior did not have much to offer. In hindsight it might have been fun to have told him to keep his inferior trailer, and have gone to another dealer. However, one never knows........................
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast