It seemed like it took 30+ minutes for me to finally get him to stop trying to sell me an extended warranty. I must have said no like 50 times.
I was buying a Momentum 25G

I think the price of the warranty was cut in half by the end of it.

He asked me what I would do if I had a flat and didn't have their tire warranty. I told him that I would put on the spare tire and buy a new tire from a tire store. He told me my trailer didn't have a spare. At the time, I didn't know this was BS, but there is a spare tire under the trailer.

He also told me that the trailer would look faded and chalky in one year if I didn't get their UV protection. UV protection sounds like a good idea, but I would be surprised if one year in the Texas sun would make my trailer look old and faded.

A few days after getting my trailer home, I realized that the electrical outlets in the kitchen were not working. I called the dealer to see about bringing it in for repairs and they told me they had a spot 4 months in the future. After informing them that it was a week old, they agreed to let me drop it off in a week. It took them 32 days to do the 1.5 hours of work that it took to fix the wiring issue. I will do my best to not have to return to the dealer in the future, so I'm really glad that I didn't buy a warranty that would require me to wait 4-5 months to get something fixed.

Everything seems fine with the trailer now.