Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone own a GDT Xplor 231RK?

My wife & I are new here. I'm 68 & she is 63. We are looking to buy our first camper. We're looking at the GDTX 231RK. Does anyone have a review or information they would share about this unit or one similar?
    Any other information would be appreciated. Example: What accessories should we ask the dealer to supply before we make the deal?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help you about that specific trailer, maybe some can.
    The accessories needed can be an endless list. It might be possible to get the dealer to throw in the sewer hoses but not much else. They may offer a discount for things in their store but most items can be purchased elsewhere for less. being your first trailer I suggest doing a search for accessories and start reading, the list can get endless.

You do want sewer hoses , water hose and wheel chocks to top the list though.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkaZona View Post

My wife & I are new here. I'm 68 & she is 63. We are looking to buy our first camper. We're looking at the GDTX 231RK. Does anyone have a review or information they would share about this unit or one similar?
    Any other information would be appreciated. Example: What accessories should we ask the dealer to supply before we make the deal?
    Thanks!
    Greetings ArkaZona,
    My wife (34) and I (31) purchased this exact model here in MD, we absolutely love it for us and our two large dogs. We take our first trip next weekend!!!
    I wouldn't obsess over accessories you will get from the dealer as they will always be higher than what you can find outside of their pitch. Dealers are also going to try to rush you into the caring hands of their camping store staff to "get you everything you need", so my suggestion is to stick with the basic items that you need to get started and it will evolve from there. Make a list and do yourself a favor and grab everything from Camping World, unless you like paying 35% more for items at the dealer. KeepYourDayDream on YouTube has many great videos on first-time RV checklists and needed items, etc. That is what I used this entire year of COVID to educate myself before making my purchase just a week ago, but with that being said, I still spent close to $600 on RV-specific items, but I tend to have a spending problem when I get excited, oops, who can judge me....
    Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions, we are new as well.
    Last edited by GrantKehrer; 03-25-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    Grant & Kristi
    2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 HC, 3.0L I-6 Duramax
    2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 231RK
    Curt 17063 14K WDH W/ Friction Sway Bar