User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Stabilizer controller question

Hello All. I have a 2021 Reflection 260RD and I'm having a problem with my front right stabilizer. The last time I had my RV out, the stabilizer wouldn't rise or lower (most of the time). I did get it to raise after it sat for about a half hour. I replaced the 30 amp fuse just in case that was an issue. I checked my battery and it was down to 12.6 volts. The dealer said that may be the issue (even though 3 of the 4 stabilizers work ok???) Any thoughts on that? I'll charge it tomorrow but I don't know if that's going to fix anything.
    When I looked at the Controller I noticed a thin black wire that's just dangling, not connected to anything - the arrow points to it in the attached photo. Any thoughts on what that wire is? The black and red are power and ground.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lippert stabilizer issue.jpg  
    Last edited by jdux999; 10-16-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Hello All. I have a 2021 Reflection 260RD and I'm having a problem with my front right stabilizer. The last time I had my RV out, the stabilizer wouldn't rise or lower (most of the time). I did get it to raise after it sat for about a half hour. I replaced the 30 amp fuse just in case that was an issue. I checked my battery and it was down to 12.6 volts. The dealer said that may be the issue (even though 3 of the 4 stabilizers work ok???) Any thoughts on that? I'll charge it tomorrow but I don't know if that's going to fix anything.
    When I looked at the Controller I noticed a thin black wire that's just dangling, not connected to anything - the arrow points to it in the attached photo. Any thoughts on what that wire is? The black and red are power and ground.
    Can you tell what the other end is connected to? If it's connected to the frame, then it might have gotten cut? You might have to get a decent flashlight and start looking around trying to find the other end.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MoonShadow. It's hard to see in the photo but it goes into the Controller box, just below the Power/Ground wires.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Thanks MoonShadow. It's hard to see in the photo but it goes into the Controller box, just below the Power/Ground wires.
    Okay, you might have to take the cover off and trace it, unless you can see where it connects. Most likely it's a ground wire, so you are going to be looking for either the other half of the wire if it was cut, or a crimp connector that is screwed to the frame somewhere with no wire going to it, within reach of that wire.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the antenna for the One Control. The voltage is borderline. Check the connections at the jack to make sure they're firmly seated. You can always lower and raise them manually with a 3/8" ratchet in a pinch.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same thing happen to me when I first got my rig, it turned out to be the connector at the jack. It wasn’t pushed together firmly, I unplugged it and replugged it together and it has worked ever since.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. This is our first RV with stabilizers. Can you tell me where the "connectors" that may not be seated correctly are located? Thanks again.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Just the antenna for the One Control. The voltage is borderline. Check the connections at the jack to make sure they're firmly seated. You can always lower and raise them manually with a 3/8" ratchet in a pinch.
    Okay, I admit it, I possibly over thought/engineered it. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are located near the top of each jack, it was my right rear that was acting up. I had to crawl under the rig to access it and found it not plugged together very well.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left rear on mine last year right after bringing home new. Stuck in down position in my driveway ready to leave for a trip. Mobile tech came at 9 PM and found the same situation as SSROSS had. Connector at top of strut not clicked together fully and dirty. Cleaned out, clicked together fully and flawless ever since. Puzzled as to how it went down in the first place. Guess just enough of a connection that later failed. $300 lesson learned that I should have checked in in the first place.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast